1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muffler/Exhaust Shops? Car Interior Shop?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ziggy, Apr 22, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lot of car threads popping up today. Weather must be getting nicer.

I'm looking to purchase and install a new exhaust system or possibly just mufflers. I'd do a Borla muffler, the other components of the system could be something else (if that is even possible, I imagine so). What shops are cheap? I know close to nothing about exhaust systems. Best to order the parts online or look for a Borla dealer?

Also, any cheap car interior places? Mainly looking at carpet. I can order the carpet, just need installation.

Finally - who installs audio cheaper than Best Buy?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

any interest in Whistle tips?

1 person likes this.
  3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

just curious, what kind of car do you have?

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I thought you had a Vette. Why aren't you on the Vette forum? Those guys will have all the hookups for exhaust, etc. Probably at a much cheaper discount with online vendors.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Used to frequent those forums but I only have time for CF nowadays. I used to try and do a lot of stuff myself too, don't have the time/will anymore. Besides, you know how forum etiquette goes, I'll have to search through a million threads to find my answers or get flamed for asking a question that has been answered countless times. Those are 10-15 minutes I just don't have, brah.

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

Depending on the car you have the best thing is to do some research on that specific car and the exhaust systems others have installed on it. Performance gains and sound are based on the design of the exhaust itself and I mean the whole thing coming straight from the exhaust manifold to the back. If you are going to install just mufflers then it really wont make that big of a difference other than looks but I still hate to see those stupid tips or chrome mufflers just welded onto the old factory piping...... Anyways, depending on the car there are many many options and choice of sound/amount of sound/ performance gained from different types of exhaust systems. Look for forums on the car you own and see what they have done, youtube your car with magnaflows or w/e brand you are interested in and go from there....

A good muffler/exhaust shop locally is Might Muffler
    https://plus.google.com/10682798636...hl=en#106827986362125824429/about?gl=us&hl=en

7. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i have a Z06 NPP exhaust on my c6, it's pretty awesome. it's got butterfly valves that let you control how loud it is. i went to delta v technologies to get some parts installed on my vette and they did a pretty awful job connecting my headers to my x-pipe, so i don't suggest them.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Lulz, I remember those days. It was like a daily routine. Wish I could help ya bruh, but I don't remember the last time I owned an American made vehicle. Went from Japanese to now German and British and I'm finally out of mod mode.

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

If your main criteria is price then go to Johnny Boy Audio on Long Point. They installed an HID kit on my friends car for like 60 bucks including everything. Everywhere else they were asking about 150 USD. It's a real nice HID kit that is still running two years later. The store is real bare bones and half the employees don't speak English but you can get a really good deal on car work if you know what you want. They do all sorts of car mods.

1 person likes this.
  10. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

For car audio / electronics I highly recommend Car Tunes in Webster
    http://www.cartunestexas.com/

Even if Best Buy was the cheapest I would never have them install anything