1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mueller: Letter to Barr says Summary, “Failed to Capture Context, Nature & Substance” of Report

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Apr 30, 2019.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd say his behavior has changed. I wouldn't say 'mollified' though it's a great word. I'd say he's learned more about how to operate in the political game so he's being more savvy about pursuing what he wants in a way that won't get blocked by the courts. So he looks less aggressive and less offensive. But it still seems to me that he has not changed at all in terms of seeking to get his own way and scoring victories over seeking the best outcome for the country. Which is not to say that all his pursuits are self-interested. I think he believes things like his anti-immigrant policies or his trade fights or whatever are what's best for the country. But, he has such an authoritarian impulse that he can't accept a compromise solution in which all parties get a partial win.

I'm not sure what you're alluding to here. I wouldn't say the previous presidents have been saints, but I can't think of any past scandals that involved more criminality than what we're talking about here. Maybe you're thinking about Obama Admin spying on the Trump campaign? Maybe on the abuse of power involved in Obama's DACA policy? I don't know what the biggest outrages are.

I'd agree that Trump offended me and many people right from the get go. I can't believe he got elected. And, I think it's a national embarrassment that we allow him to continue to be president. That said -- and not knowing what is in the cold, shriveled hearts of our politicians -- my interest in the investigations and impeachment are sincerely not political. I'm motivated by the idealism of wanting honest brokers in leadership. My opinion of Trump adds robustness to my suspicion that he broke the law. But the evidence is also right there. I'd want Obama out too, if this report was about him (which hearkens me back to the question about the 'worse things' that your reference).

Honestly, I don't agree with the tactics. They should be asking for the unredacted report for Congress only and not for public distribution. I don't think they'll find any bombshells in there. They should just have it as a coequal branch responsible for oversight. It's simply about the role and power of Congress.

But, the unredacted report is also not the primary need. If impeachment charges were to be drawn up, they'd need to reference the underlying evidence, not the Report. In the end, they may not need all the evidence, but having a full understanding of the investigation from the unredacted report, they should be able to identify particular pieces of evidence they need. Even so, I don't see any good justification for denying access to this coequal branch. They are our leaders too.

JeffB, NewRoxFan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

That is a lie.

cml750 likes this.
  3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

No, he didn't. In fact, what you have posted here is the lie.

cml750 likes this.
  4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Any of you guys live through Watergate? I mean, old enough to follow it day by day over the course of a couple of years?
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/complete-watergate-timeline-took-longer-realize

Journalist and Opposition Congressmen do not just let Constitutional Crisies go.
    This will be hounded 24/7 365 by every purist, zealot and grandstander until every kernel is public knowledge. It will likely follow and even culminate for Trump after he is no longer President. It will be prosecuted in the House, The SDNY and the State Of New York.

I mean this story has everything: Russians , the NRA, Money Laundering, exploited charities, fallen Capo's, Money... so much money, an Antagonist that is so easy to hate, power at the highest level, the selling out of the American Liberal Democracy, and a rise in the boldness of dictators and populist worldwide. You couldn't make this **** up and pass it off in a novel.

KingCheetah and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

So now the House does not want to question Mueller.

Go figure.

6. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Of Eric Holder being held in contempt of congress?

That’s what I thought.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

How do you feel about the documented and repeated pattern about trump lying? Is that the type of behavior your endorse and teach your kids?

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I find it as appalling as I did Obama's documented and repeated pattern of lying. They are both pathological liars. We should not have pathological liars elected to any position of leadership in our government at any level. But this is apparently what we have regressed to, starting with the previous administration.

Of course some people are such extreme, unconscionably dishonest partisan hacks that they will defend one of these two as being blameless while castigating the other relentlessly. I sure am glad I am not an extreme liar like that.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Since you have yet to criticize trump for any of the constant lies he tells and usually defend each lie, it appears you are not being honest. In fact, instead of criticizing trump (the topic of the thread, and the president you were being asked about), you defaulted into a criticism of of former President Obama. And then have the gall to criticize others as being partisan hacks.

[​IMG]

JeffB and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

11. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amash is currently making a better case for impeachment than most of the Democrats are. It is nice to see someone in the GOP putting country over party. Team politics and "owning" the other side is not worth sacrificing the health, dignity, and unity of our nation and its people.

Andre0087, NewRoxFan and mdrowe00 like this.
  12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

He isn't making a case. He hasn't stated what was misleading about Barr's statement and he hasn't stated what action of Trump's he thinks is impeachable.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Barr's misleading statement is apparent to all but the willfully blind

No Worries likes this.
  14. tallanvor

what was misleading? you just pulled an Amash.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He led everyone to believe that no collusion or crimes occurred, when the report said the opposite.

FranchiseBlade and No Worries like this.
  16. tallanvor

The report didn't say the opposite. What crimes did Mueller say occurred?

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

keep hope alive

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Obstruction of justice, as well all the ones which line up with the public indictments.

FranchiseBlade and No Worries like this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if Michael Wolff says so, it's got to be true

"In an author’s note, Wolff states that his findings on the Mueller investigation are 'based on internal documents given to me by sources close to the Office of the Special Counsel'.

"But Peter Carr, a spokesman for Mueller, told the Guardian: 'The documents that you’ve described do not exist.' ”

#439 Os Trigonum, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
  20. tallanvor

Where does Mueller say anyone committed obstruction?