1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mueller: Letter to Barr says Summary, “Failed to Capture Context, Nature & Substance” of Report

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Apr 30, 2019.

1. dmoneybangbang

No. Like I said, it seems our fate was going to be dealt a corrupt president either way. Either way there was going to be a Congressional and special investigation that would attempt to derail the president elect.

And then I flip it around it call out your faux outage towards Trump's actions that he did out in the open and then confirmed in the Mueller Report.... I say Trump is already guilty of the same things in three years that took Clinton decades to get to. I say Trump's greed and insecurity is limitless. So I'm just going to skip ahead and say there's nothing you can say that could convince me that Trump isn't worse than HRC.

Bottomline if this was HRC you'd be on the impeachment train but yet you aren't for Trump. Trump is the president.

2. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

FWIW, I initially had the same thoughts about Trump, one of the reasons I wasn't much in favor of him in the primaries. During the early terms of his Presidency, he certainly did things to back that perception up. But, he seems to have mollified a lot on that, and it's hard to argue that the many things he is trying to get done are because he really thinks they are the right thing to do, for the country. Ie, his narcissism seems to have mollified. I'm not sure how much of it wasn't an act to start with. Those that have personal interactions with him usually comment what a gracious host he is...and his workers seem to get along fine with him (workers seldom do with narcissists).

cml750 likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

Yet he won't stop milking the taxpayers for use of properties that he gets to conveniently stay at with his vast entourage. Trump knows he has to deliver on some promises to keep being able to milk the taxpayer. He just needs his cut for the great job he's doing, that no one else could possibly do.

4. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

No, I wouldn't. I might not like some of it, and I would certainly point to some of it being indicative of her wanting to control everything... but I don't think I'd be on the impeachment train. I consider that reserved for more serious matters. I didn't have a problem with it being pursued for Nixon.

Conversely, everyone on the impeachment train now seems to have been just fine when far worse things occurred previously. So, that needs to be owned up with before one has any reason.

Here's the reality. The Dems have been on a mission to get rid of Trump BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY since the day he was elected. Many of the comments made in this thread indicate why...he just offended them in a serious way, and they just couldn't believe he was elected. Nothing more. EVERYTHING since then, including this whole investigation, has been pursued for the purely political reason of getting rid of Trump. It has NOTHING to do with 'Congressional Duties' or any crap like that. If that were really it...all those people in Congress would be able to point, just as we've asked people here to do, of their similar ire over much worse things in the past. But they can't...because they didn't. This is just their excuse, because if they said the truth, the middle of country would rebel against them.

cml750 likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Again, I just flip it back on you and say you're wrong, Trump is worse than Hillary.

And the GOP haven't been trying to smear and knocked down HRC by any means necessary? Again.... why is it okay for your GOP to do it and not the Dems?

Here's my reality, I hate Trump the person and his protectionist policies. I'm a Texan, how the hell does increasing steel and other input costs help my exporting and rapidly growing state? I hate Trump and his allegiance to Evangelicals and the lack of respect for the Constitution in regards to separation of church and state. I hate Trump's boorish behavior which is unfitting for the most powerful and most technologically advanced nation in the world. I hate Trump's corruption and pettiness. Savvy?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. TheresTheDagger

This is key to understanding Democrat strategy here.

Democrats were upset because they didn't get anything originally except the 4 page summary.
    So Barr gave them the entire redacted report after several weeks of examination.

Then:

Democrats were upset because Barr hadn't provided the Mueller summary with the 4 page summary.
    Except by that point, they had the WHOLE REDACTED REPORT including the Mueller summary.

Then:

Democrats demanded the full unredacted report be released.
    Barr refused because it is against Justice Dept policy as well as the law to release the unredacted report.

Then:

Democrats threatened charging Barr with Contempt of Congress because he refused to release an unredacted report.
    Barr and his deputies have made available to select members a version with minimal redactions -- and Democrats have declined to look at it.

The Democrats put Barr in a no win situation today. Either he breaks Federal law and Justice Dept policy by distributing an unredacted copy of the Mueller report OR, he faces Contempt of Congress charges.

All of this over redactions THAT MUELLER HIMSELF WAS INVOLVED WITH HIMSELF.

I'll put this question to ANY of my D&D friends here.

Exactly WHAT do the Democrats expect to find in the redactions that will change the conclusions of the report?

cml750 likes this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It isn't just the redactions. It's also the underlying evidence. I believe that is what they really want. When they have evidence against the President and his allies, they can publicize it and make political problems for the President.

Barr and Trump know that. It isn't so much the redacted report about which they are worried. It is the underlying evidence.

BigDog63 likes this.
  8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No one can say "exactly WHAT" is in the redactions because they're redacted.

I get that there's information that just can't be made public. I just find if funny that today is the day that the trump administration decided to start following the law and long standing departmental policies.

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

This is not about the information in the redactions. Congressional Democrats know there is not anything there that will change anything for them. This is naked political vengeance.

They want to hurt Trump, but since they can't, they are going to try and hurt his AG, who has announced that there are investigations ongoing into the beginnings of this investigation and a number of other matters that are sensitive for the Democrats and the Obama regime. They have been hurt and are very possibly getting ready to be hurt some more, and they all know it.

They appear to be trying to intimidate and bully the AG into stopping those investigations. Which is arguably obstruction of justice by the House Democrats, by the way.

#409 MojoMan, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
    BigDog63, TheresTheDagger and cml750 like this.
  10. cml750

cml750 Member

Bingo, this is all about the investigations Barr is planning as well as red meat for their base. The investigations have them scared to death. The politcal theater they are doing plays well in the media and their extremely gullible base so they will keep it ratcheted up to the max as a distraction to the investigations. Barr does not seem like the type to be intimidated so in the end all of this is a huge waste of time. "Contempt of Congress" means nothing in the end.

MojoMan likes this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Nobody is scared of the investigation into the investigation.

12. cml750

cml750 Member

You perhaps not due to the echo chamber but I guarantee they are. You should be.

#412 cml750, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
    MojoMan likes this.
  13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

If not...they should be. But clearly they are. This whole thing is designed not just to get at Trump, but really moreso to smear Barr.... to discredit the investigations. If they aren't scared...why are they doing that?

MojoMan and cml750 like this.
  14. havoc1

havoc1 Member

You realize this was and is Trump’s entire strategy with the Mueller investigation right? So by your logic Trump was obviously scared, and since he was scared we can surmise that he had something of which to be scared?

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Because Barr lied, misled Congress, and the American people. They want to hold him accountable for not following the subpoena. Why would they be scared of the investigation of the investigation?

havoc1 likes this.
  16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Kudos for this...most stick with the habit (on both sides, fwiw).

If you have indeed changed your mind, I would encourage you to post your thoughts/observations. I have found people that come to different conclusions than they had previously to be more objective.

17. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Except...he didn't. Which pretty much makes this nonsense.

They would be scared of the investigation of the investigation because it would demonstrate how contrived it was, how various policies and procedures weren't followed, how it was biased from the beginning, how the DoJ colluded with the Clintons, how it was used for political purposes thus subverting our democracy a lot more than Russia did, etc etc.

cml750 and MojoMan like this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

He absolutely lied to Congress and mislead the American people. There shouldn't be any doubt about that.

There isn't even any evidence to warrant an investigation about the investigation being biased, the DoJ colluding with the Clintons, or subverting democracy. There is none.

So once we realize there isn't evidence of any of those things. Then it is silly to think that an investigation will uncover enough for any kind of legal prosecution etc.

havoc1 likes this.
  19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

you can say there is no crimes. Mueller, in his report, says there is an 'absence of evidence' of a crime in part I . As for part 2, Demcorats are allowed to go look at all of it save for 2 full lines and 7 partial lines. Democrats have chosen not to look at it.....

Unless you want to claim those few redacted words in part 2 contain some crime that mueller and his team of trump-hating democrats are mum over, then you know it contains nothing meaningful.

cml750 and MojoMan like this.
  20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Um, the entire section on counter intelligence is missing.