1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MTV VMAs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OmegaSupreme, Aug 28, 2003.

1. outlaw

outlaw Member

Justin's very gay-friendly so it probably had more to do with it being Britney than anything else.

[​IMG]

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

naaaah

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

as a huge fan of britney and madonna, that was cool to see britney singing "like a virgin" and madonna singing "hollywood" (best song since ray of light or "frozen" for me). hell i don't even like christina (used to hate her) but her and missy out there made it seem even better. kisses were weird (age difference made it seem even weirder) but hey i like them a lot and it got some attention (see this thread). even sportscenter mentioned it right off the top (which made me and my friend immediately go to the dvr to see what the hell they were talking about).

chris rock's opening was hysterical. unfortunately he didn't get to do much after that. damn he's funny and a much better host than in recent years.

performances were ok, we just need to get someone to actually write something good for the presenters to say. could they have looked less comfortable, been less funny, less rehearsed than they were?

still better than the last 2 years i thought and overall a good i thought.

4. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

I liked it when they used to play music.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I saw Jessica Simpson's right boobie.

6. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

Dude warped tour in Dallas last year was awesome because Bad Religion had to go on after GC, and GC went way over their time because some ugly chick had a seizure, so Bad Religion dudes were just ripping on them and they were screaming into their mike's for GC to shut up so they could start. Yay for fun!!

7. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i can agree somewhat.

the trouble is that when you're doing that much movement (shaking your groove thang), it's hard to sound up to par (trust me... i've tried this numerous times in the shower). ex: christina aguilera's performance.... sounded awful though it was good to see dave navarro come out and play the guitar part.

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Gee, OS, couldn't you have not told us that you actually have tried that in the shower before? Not a good visual.:( :p

j/k:D

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

And you can dance, for inspiration. :p ;)

[​IMG]

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You can't stop Anti! You can only hope to control him!

On second thought, that's a little disturbing....

:D

11. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Hey, that image was ripped from one of YoYao's chops!

... yeah, that's the ticket. ;)

12. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

hmmm.... i haven't 'chopped antisonic before. anybody with a good anti pic, send it to OmegaReignsSupreme@hotmail.com .

i'm surprised you remembered the roach bit. nice one.

i'm going to turn you into the next "attention w****" since our other has been done away with. :D ;)

#52 OmegaSupreme, Aug 29, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2003
  13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

edit - too offensive

#53 Smokey, Aug 29, 2003
  14. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

well, I agree with one poster's take in this thread...that'd be CriscoKidd's.

I'd rather see two women who look just as good go all the way. I wasn't in awe. ahem...kazaa...ahem

BTW, you know ESPN has truly expanded when you see the kiss the first time on Around the Horn.

#54 JBIIRockets, Aug 29, 2003