1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mt Appologies to Rafer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ACL1, Mar 9, 2008.

1. ACL1

ACL1 Member

I have in the past been pretty harsh on Rafer and even compared him to Moochie. i believe at one point at the start of the season i wished for his conviction in a seperate threat titled " what do you do when rafer shoots'.

I hereby admit that i was wrong and regret any ill that i had wished upon him.

He is the man.

especailly love his heart and last night after his trash talk ( even more than his game) i was very impressed.

2. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

Right on!

3. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Comparing Rafer to Moochie is unforgivable, imo.

4. roswell raygun

Are you, by any chance, Chris Paul?

5. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

In the words of T-Mac:

DAT KID BE NY CITY fo REAL.

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

you can still edit the title of your thread

7. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

do we really need a new thread for this? Couldn't you have apologized in one of the numerous anti rafer or rafer appreciation threads?

8. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

apologies accepted.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Before we get all teary eyed about Rafer, I feel like he owes Rocket's fans an apology for the way he played over the last two years. He stunk more often than not. He shot us out of MANY games. He missed more game changing, critical shots than any Rocket, maybe ever. He is streaking now, but, just remember, the Rockets did almost everything humanly possible to replace him. At present, he is playing great, but his past criticisms were earned. He and Head almost totally disappeared in the playoff series against Utah. It is not personality, it is performance.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Even the infamous teardrop is a reliable shot now. :eek:

11. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Rafer has stepped up.

I have been waiting for him to slow down but he hasn't.

Keep up the great work Mr. Alston we will need it in the coming months!

12. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I've never heard of Mt. Appologies, but I'm curious to know how Rafer acquired an entire mountain during the course of the NBA season.

13. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Apologize rejected! Rafer personally told me that!

14. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Anyone had a right to compalin about his shooting before.

But not directed at ACL1: I hope that everyone learns to recognize the other strengths in a player's games instead of just a blanket 'he sucks' when he's having problems with one aspect of the game.

15. Win

Win Contributing Member

I too applaud Skip on his recent play. He has really stepped it up, I only hope it continues. Past performance suggest this is an upward bleep and not what we can expect in the long run. Then again, maybe hooking up with Mr Peanut and his style of play has provided a permanent elixer. I sure hope so.

Go Rockets! 20+ wins in a row ;)

16. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

YEAH!! F HIM!!

He should have been playing this way all along. He needs to average 30 points and 14 assists a game for the rest of year and next to even out all the crappy games he had last year and before. Rafer doing well only makes me more pissed at him.

But seriously, I will take what he's doing now but I'm still mad about years past.

17. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I climbed the summit of Mt. Appologies.

18. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Rafer is looking good! Still a few mistakes to be corrected! Rafer is looking good! Possibly this is an illusion due to the fact that Yao Ming isn't playing and we dont notice his poor play making where Yao Ming is involved! :p

19. Precision340

Precision340 Member

rafer's come a long, long way and deserves all the credit/praise that he's getting.. keep it up skip!! we'll need it :D

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Rafer's presence still scares me... I'm still afraid that he could go cold at any time, and I'm not sure how much it will effect us if he does.

I mean, he has been a god-awful shooter for almost his ENTIRE CAREER. Are we really all convinced that everything is suddenly all roses after some magical switch flipped 20 games ago?

With that said, I do think he'll be alright though. I think he's going to level off at just over 40% for the rest of the season... which should be "good enough" (god I hate that term). If he really has somehow learned to shoot, and/or this offense is really all he needed to correct his game, then this team is very, very scary.