1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MSNBC: Francis does not object, deal expected Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shooter1583, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

MMMMMAAAAGIC

Rocket River

2. qrui

qrui Member

like that.

3. banjorules

banjorules Member

Last night's local news here in Houston had excerpts of Wisebitchnitz media interview yesterday. I'm not a detective, but does it seem unusual that he can't look ANYONE in the eye when he says things like "We're looking at all of our options" and "We're certainly under no pressure to rush these things"? I'd arrest him on the spot for perjury.

4. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

The Deal is Far from DONE!!. in the CHRONICAL today, he says WE have 4 SOLID OFFERS!! I HATE THIS GUY!!. I'M NOT HATFULL TYPE EITHER!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

5. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Funny how everybody knows what Houston is offering but nobody knows what is being offered by these other 3 phantom offers.

This reminds me of buying a car and the sales guy keeps saying " let me go talk to my manager and see if we can do that".

Weisenhimer is either a very smart and tough GM or a complete boob.

I know which one I would vote for. :mad:

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I think people are celebrating because Doc basically said this would happen, that there would be an announcement on Monday that the deal was official.

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

This is the Washington Post, not the Chesapeake Falls Courier. It is one of the most well-respected newspapers in the world. I'm guessing they didn't report it unless they were VERY certain their source was correct and I'm guessing they also had additional sources to back it up. No way they go just off of the word of Francis' agent.

That still doesn't mean this is over. Anything could happen, obviously. However, one thing is for sure: this article will have to be addressed in some form or fashion. This isn't like the other stories that had "Francis-McGrady Done Deal???" where there was speculation and suggestion. This isn't like Jim Gray's "the deal should happen in the next 2-4 days."

This is "The deal is done. It will happen Wednesday." PERIOD. Guys put their reputations as writers on the line for stories like this. You have to be believed to be a good journalist. AND, you have to get the story by an editor who knows his ass is on the line with this too.

If this deal doesn't go down, the Post will have to circle the wagons and figure out what went wrong. If it does go down, we'll know, just as we all suspected, that Wisebrod is full of crapola. Well, he'll be full of crapola no matter what the outcome of this is, but confirmation is always nice. :)

8. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Can you Imagine Playing a game of Poker this Wisebrod fella?:eek:

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

My only problem is that Weisbrod is just enough of a jackass to not do the trade right now simply because everyone says it's done.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Anyone think CD is going to bash Wisebrod after the this whole fiasco is over? I know CD isn't the type of guy that would do it, but it would be funny to hear him say, "F&CK WiseAss"

11. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

That might be a more likely comment from McGrady.

12. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Doesn't this violate the league's tampering rules?... recruiting a player who is under contract with another team?

That would explain this type of response.

I can see CD holding this guy over a barrell with this. "Look Weisass, I'll cut you some slack since you're new and I want this deal done. But, make no mistake, this deal is getting done. As planned. I'll give you some time to try and spin some PR in the media, but if you try and pull anything, charges of tampering will be just the beginning of your nightmare."

OK, probably not CD's style, but I can dream. :D

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Is this really true? Also, why isn't Gaines in this deal...Again, I must admit, this deal sucks for us period, but without Gaines it makes it even worse...What the hell is CD doing?

14. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

What the hell would he have done even if he did object, anyway?? Sit out the season?????

His leverage was all make-believe.