1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MSNBC: Francis does not object, deal expected Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shooter1583, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

So no Gaines in the deal? That sucks!

2. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

hip hip hooray!

i love the Rox! I love basketball! go rockets!

3. lavarock

lavarock Contributing Member

With this Weirsbrod a$$ anything can happen...
    So let's just keep our fingers crossed....

4. job

job Contributing Member

Do the salaries matchup without Gaines?

5. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

It's Official that it's almost Official.

6. armada

armada Member

No Gaines in deal. Is he a reward for Orlando's drag?

7. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG Member

Yeah, no **** ... this doesn't sound like a "completed deal" to me:

"Obviously, if you are going to do any trade, you want to do it when the timing is right and the pieces are perfect," Weisbrod said. "But the resolution of the Tracy situation, whether that means he gets traded or we decide to cut bait and put him in the lineup next year, that being resolved in August doesn't adversely affect our ability to do the rest of the things that we have to do."

Weisbrod also said he is considering other trade offers for McGrady, the league's top scorer the past two seasons.

"I guess there's a total of four (offers under consideration) right now," Weisbrod said.

-------

Just posted at The Chronicle.

8. swooh

swooh Member

Must i remind everyone how the new york times just reported Nuggets coach Jeff Bzdelik (sp?) was headed out the door...? What a great example of east coast media dreamcasting moves outside their realm of knowledge.

I know everyone is very excited about T-Mac..heck I'm excited too..but i want to temper this enthusiasm with the reality that the sources claiming that the trade is imminent have NO NEW INFO to go on. I feel like we have Miss Cleo writing articles and sending them into sports editors. Wiseguy has already fooled them once. Be on guard

9. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/story/7458695

Report: Francis accepts trade to Magic

Tracy McGrady is all cleared to blast off in Houston with the Rockets.

Advertisement

The Washington Post reported Monday night that three-time All-Star Steve Francis has dropped his objections to a trade to the Magic, according to his agent, clearing the way for a six-player deal that will send McGrady, Juwan Howard and Tyronn Lue from Orlando to Houston in exchange for Francis, Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato.

The newspaper reports the deal likely will be announced Wednesday. Francis is flying to Orlando on Tuesday to meet with Magic management, including team president John Weisbrod.

Jeff Fried, Francis' agent, told the Post that Weisbrod convinced Francis to come to Orlando in a phone conversation, selling Francis on top overall pick Dwight Howard's potential and an easier road to the playoffs in the realigned NBA. The Magic are in a division that includes the Heat, Wizards, Hawks and Bobcats. Only Miami, with a 42-40 record, made the playoffs last season.

"They could have got anyone for Tracy McGrady," Fried told the Post. "That impressed Steve about how highly the Magic thought of him."

Orlando is coming off a 21-61 season, its worst in 12 years. That was the season before the Magic selected Shaquille O'Neal with the first pick in the 1992 draft.

McGrady, who averaged 28 points per game last season and led the NBA in scoring the past two seasons, will be the fourth defending scoring champion in NBA history to be dealt, and the first since the Buffalo Braves sent Bob McAdoo to the New York Knicks in 1976.

Material from the Associated Press was used in this report.

10. iball

iball Contributing Member

Isn't this another contradiction?

11. jaysha

jaysha Contributing Member

-Welcome to the Toyota Center. Can I take your order.

-Yea, I'd like the "McMing Combo" please.

-Would you like some "Championship Rings" with that.

-Yea, definitely. And can you "Texas Size" that for me.

-Sure can, Please pull forward to the "Next Season" to pick up your order.

Sorry, I know It's kind-of stupid but it's late, I haven't slept much, and from the sound of all these stressed out fans in the BBS, I thought a little humor might be warranted.

12. YaoMing

YaoMing Contributing Member

Great News.... and big surprise!!

Lets sum up Wiesbrod's offseason job so far:

1. Picking Dwight Howard (Wow that was tough).

2. Tracy McGrady puppeteers his way to the Houston Rockets.

3. Loses respect of every NBA GM.

I would say that was an effective day at the office.

13. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Nah, It's far from S tupid. It's pretty Creative!!. Gave me a good laugh. i havent laughed out loud for about 2 w eeks( or Ovious reasons).:D :D ;)

14. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Lets just never Mention that Wisels name again!:)

15. Raven

Raven Member

I'll believe it when I see it here.

16. Holy Cow

Holy Cow Member

I'll celebrate when we become the champ ...

:D

17. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

"We didn’t ask him to come to town," Weisbrod said. "But if he wants to, we’re certainly happy to sit down and talk to him." :rolleyes:

18. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I think this Weisbrod Son of a gun is actually Statng to believe his own lies!. :eek:

19. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

AHHHHHHHH!

I can't take this BS!

Why!? Why does this crap keep happening.

If Weisass screws us out of McGrady, I'm gonna lose it.

20. jaysha

jaysha Contributing Member

If everyone can follow these two rules they will be able to make it through the next couple of days.

1. Disregard all comments made by Individuals who repeatedly prove to everyone that every word that exudes from their mouth is total and complete BS.

examples: WeisA$$ and Chad Ford

Their comments don't merit the time it takes someone to read, or even listen to for that matter.

2. Keep focus on the most important factor driving this trade roller coaster. T-Mac has said he will not resign with the Magic after next season and, when traded, will only sign an extension with H-town.

I don't care how good T-Mac is, No team will trade 1/2 their roster to rent him for 1 year.

Here is a quote to support rule number 2 from Greg Sandoval, a writer for the Washington Post, just incase anybody has not heard the same type of quote another time it has come up.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...-2004Jun28.html
    Francis Accepts Trade for McGrady

Follow these two rules until Hump Day and your anxiety levels will be reduced exponentially.