1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mr. PJ “Zero Point” Tucker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Feb 6, 2021.

1. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Imagine if someone told you you can make millions in the nba scoring consistently under 4 points a game but all you had to do was be 6’5 and have “intangibles”.

what a dream job

2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Chuck was special though.. His post defense was historically great, fantastic rebounder and heck of a passer.

DaDakota likes this.
  3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Lock this thread up other teams might see his value go down if they read this post

4. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

With all the young asset that Rockets team have now, I think Tucker could be a situational player. Off the bench and late game situations when defense is needed. I rather see Nwaba start than Tucker and also see more playing time for Brown and Jones.

saleem likes this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

his dumbass streak is definitely a factor in his poor play. if he just took a couple games off he'd have fresh legs to actually make some of those wide open 3's

bmelo and Nook like this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

He has fooled Pen and Teller.

7. vator

vator Contributing Member

His “intangibles” would be better served on a team that only needs him to play defense and knock down corner threes. His “skill set” no longer fits this team and what would be best from his position. In a place like BKN he would be a perfect no stats all star, but for us he’s just no stats.

8. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Relax everyone....both Tucker and Dipo will be gone by the trade deadline.

DaDakota likes this.
  9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He doesn't deserve to be paid big money or mediocre money at that.

10. Nook

Nook Member

PJ Tucker is a very valuable player, he is the Rockets best defender and smartest player.

However players like Tucker go unappreciated by mediocre teams or teams that are on the cusp of a rebuild.

Tucker’s impact would be more noticeable on a team that is a contender and doesn’t struggle to score like the Rockets.

Hopefully Tucker gets dealt to a contender and the Rockets get what they want in draft picks.

The Rockets aren’t going anywhere until the top end talent improves. Guys like Tucker and House and Oladipo should be traded if there is a suitable market for them.

Reeko, HakeemOnlyFan, bmelo and 3 others like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

[​IMG]

12. HP3

HP3 Member

They always go unappreciated by mediocre fans too and fans with low bball IQ.

And for all the people who think he's "overrated" or that he's been paid what he's worth.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nba-player-ratings/

Go check his playoff ratings.

Go check his playoff production

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/tuckepj01.html

vator likes this.
  13. HookemHorns1250

Tucker had his role when we were going small. Now that we do have two big men (when C-Wood is healthy), and Tucker is playing the four, he's just not a good fit. It's frustrating to see teams just leaving him open at the top of the key. A four in this league has got to be able to shoot, or be able to create his own shot down low, and he can do neither.

Also many times you see him box out, only to still be out rebounded. He works hard....and I love him for that. There were so many times where I just fell in love with his hustle and desire to win. However, with this current team, he just doesn't fit. There are other players that need more minutes and could add some much needed offense in that role. Maybe a contender who needs some much needed defense could give us a draft pick for Tucker or something of the sort.

Oh well I'm just rambling I don't know much.

HakeemOnlyFan and vator like this.
  14. bmelo

bmelo Member

this. I hate stubbornness in 'playing it all'. It's 2021 everybody knows 82 games is way too ****ing much to human body... rest up, play fresh and with joy.

Nelly likes this.
  15. bmelo

bmelo Member

I love PJ tucker, I know his shortcomings at current age. But I'm willing to look past that, he deserves respect. And he deserves what he wants for making him play center for 40 games LOL.

Man I really miss CP&PJ bromance. This was peak basketball for me.. ****ing injuries always ****ing up my favorites.. T-Mac, B.Roy, D-Rose, CP :(

vator likes this.
  16. ballgame

ballgame Member

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Ah yes, another dig at small ball. Remind me, what big teams gave the Lakers trouble??? Oh yea....none, thanks.

FrontRunner likes this.
  18. ballgame

ballgame Member

I respect his game, it's just that when I see him get out rebounded because his man out jumped him or he misses a shot and I look and see he has 0 points on the stat sheet and I know there are other PFs that can do better......I just see a WEAK LINK in the starting 5!

19. HP3

HP3 Member

Idk about 90%, but there are large amount of low bball IQ posters on here who have been saying this about Tucker for years when it wasnt true. Im not even saying I have a high bball IQ or anything but god damn, the concept of defense is completely lost on this board. I dont mind people saying he hasnt been good this year, but the lack of respect here is....honestly just classless and dumb(low IQ). They'll treat Tate the same way when the time comes, actually Tate will probably leave in 3 years when we refuse to pay him and you know what he's smart for that, he should get his money. Dont want to end up like Tucker underpaid and under appreciated by fans that dont deserve him.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Says the dumbass Harden fan who wants to lose & tank (but also wants to keep Tucker).

“but but but he’ll be great for the locker room! Great mentor for the tanking team, for the young team!!”

Under paid? Did Daryl or Tucker’s agent point a gun to his head and make him sign the contract? Of course you’re the dumbass who probably wants to pay for what he did 2-3-4 years ago, not what he is/will be. And then you’ll be the same dumbass blasting Tilman for his terrible contract.

Ahh, all the way down at 240, tied with Russell Westbrook.

[​IMG]

AroundTheWorld likes this.