1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MPD Shooting of Amir Locke

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Feb 4, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Elaborate on the steps.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  2. Gioan Baotixita

You are already seeing some signs. Across the nation, people are rebuking the overstepping of this administration and the Dems. I sincerely want a real multi party political system instead of current pick the lesser of the 2 evils that we have now.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So... are you saying Locke should just have fired away and shot all the officers?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. Major

Major Member

If he had, would it have been justified as self-defense?

If not, it opens up an interesting avenue for bad guys - just break into people's houses and say you're police and they have to think twice before they defend themselves.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Under the definition of self-defense yes he could’ve. Brianna Taylor’s boyfriend shot back and injured one of the LEO and charges for him were dropped.

6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

This is why impersonating LE is a crime. It’s also why self defense can be so muddy. Do you react to a possible lethal threat as quickly as possible or do you wait to assess it and possibly risk death yourself?

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Juries and cases are different. No guarantee he would have been acquitted.

Any guarantee a body cam will be on and functional? Any guarantee he won't be killed anyway ala Breonna Taylor?

8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

True there are no guarantees. Under self defense principle you have right to defend yourself with lethal force when faced with a lethal threat. In any situation whether they are prosecuted or not is up to the prosecution.

In this case my own opinion is that if if Locke had shot the LEO and survived he does have a good argument for self defense.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I feel like you should be able to sleep with handguns strapped to as many places they can fit on your body. Also in a machine gun nest in the corner of your house if you choose. That's fine for me, you guys don't feel that way.

After an incident like this I do question why was he sleeping with a gun. I think that is fair to ask.

The militarization and extremism of the police won't be changed by any of current tactics.

Kim likes this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No knock warrants are the problem. They are a legacy of the crack epidemic when violent crime was through the roof

The cops will get off and they should. Dude's name wasn't on the warrant, so what. No knock warrants are for people's whose names aren't on the warrants. Police entering situations that can become violent so the criminal's crew can't get prepared when police show up

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is just not true, I actually watched the video and they said police before Amir rose up.

I am not saying Amir is in the wrong and yes he could have been confused I know I would but the fact remains the police did announce themselves when you initially said they did not.

I am in no way trying to absolve MPD and do not agree with no knocks unless it's dire circumstances so lets not think that.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why is it fair to ask that?

Many people sleep with guns at hand reach we don't know if the gun was on a table or not.

What do you mean "after a incident like this" its fair to ask this question?

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I mean after a fatality all questions can be explored.

I don't think many people sleep holding guns. That's pretty insane.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You don't know he was sleep holding a gun.

Why are you continuing to belabor a point you don't know to be fact.

What does it matter if he was sleeping holding a gun anyway, how does that change the facts of anything?

Do you think him maybe sleeping with a gun means he deserved to get shot?

Some people sleep with guns under a pillow does that make them shady?

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bandwagonner is very much not a law enforcement supporting conservative.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did I say he was?

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You are questioning if he's justifying the shooting. I'm just telling you he is very ant government authority. I know you are misunderstanding him

Edit: he also is arguably the biggest gun rights poster. He is just saying the guy can sleep with his gun but wondering why

#37 pgabriel, Feb 5, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Your sleep in your home.
    BOOM! the door is kicked in
    honestly. . . .who is really listening to anything the intruder is saying?

If I was a criminal .. . I would bust in screaming POLICE to make the people hesitate
    It would increase my chances of success.

Rocket River

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sure. They are intruders.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If he was such a guns rights advocate he would not be questioning why he was sleeping with a gun because you know it was his right to do so.

He does not know if was actually sleeping with a gun but for some reason, he chose to focus on that.

Why?

Especially if he is such a guns right advocate?