1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moving help!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bigben69, Jun 2, 2008.

Tags:
  1. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I recently got an apartment in Denton but my problem is most of my furniture is in Sugarland. I have lived there almost 2 months and it sucks with no furniture but a bed. I am having trouble finding people to help me move. I drive a civic so cant pull a trailer and if I drive from denton then I wont have a car to drive back with if I rent a truck. I tried one of those storage pods that you load up and they move for you but it is over $1100 even if you only need it for a couple of days. Any ideas or suggestions from people who have had this problem. I have friends that can help me unload it all in Denton but just getting it there is the problem because everyone is busy at different times.

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

bite the bullet and hire movers.

3. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

You should be able to rent a U-haul truck with the trailer attachment to take your car with you to Denton. You may want to check into that.

4. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Im almost in the same boat. Im moving to VA in September and currently live in a 1 bedroom apartment. Ill be renting a 10' Uhaul and I have 2 cars. So we'll have to drive 3 vehicles with just 2 people. Not many people open to helping you drive/move cross country lol

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

take a southwest flight to Houston, pick up a UHaul truck, drive it back to Denton.