1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MOVIES/TV] Netflix Hidden Gems -- what are yours?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets R' Us, Mar 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

Everything Must Go with Will Ferrel. Maybe his best movie yet.. why have I never heard of it?

2. Poloshirtbandit

Yeah.

3. Poloshirtbandit

I've tried watching 3 seasons of this show, and I don't find it funny at all. One of my friends wouldn't shut up about it so I finally checked it out. I usually laugh at everything, but this show is just dumb.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Because it's not very good.

5. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Disagree. You were probably expecting a Will Ferrell comedy type of movie which is not. This shows a more serious side of him dealing with alcoholism. I think it was brilliant.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'll have to give that a run next time I've got some freetime and finish up the G1 Transformers series.

7. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

It wasa good performance for him, would not say brilliant. The movie is worth watching, even if it is a little slow and the ending sucks.

8. ashiin

ashiin Member

[​IMG]

Smokers would greatly appreciate this.

9. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Why no Dexter anymore?

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Can we mention gems on Hulu? If so, I would strongly recommend the show Misfits. The first two seasons are great, but the third is just so-so.

I'm pretty sure you can watch the entire series without a subscription.

"Misfits is indeed silly — sillier, even, than it sounds — but it's also brilliant: sharp, funny, dark and, in places, quite chilling. Both the writing and the performances ensure that everything but the preposterous central premise remains entirely believable." - The Guardian

11. Hightop

Hightop Member

You can stream this @ Netflix:

[​IMG]

12. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

Watched every episode and both movies and I have seen them live in Houston.. It just has to be your sort of humor I suppose.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Still Looking. . .. just Bumping to see if there is anything new to add

Rocket River

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Have you ever seen the show Continuum? If you like scifi, check it out. It's an awesome show.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Anyone watch Peaky Blinders? It's a Netflix original series 2 seasons in starring Cillian Murphy. Not a bad show at all.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I just rifled through season one of Helix. I can't believe SyFy made this series. It's definitely watchable material in the virus contagion drama category. And, a new season is renewed and on the way. This series has some interesting ideas and has several big names behind the making of it...like Ronald Moore. I found the show refreshing, well-paced, good acting, and well produced. Plus, you get some easy-on-the-eyes Jeri Ryan in an aggressive role and a few other babes playing hot scientists. I like this cast.

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Narco Cultura

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I just finished season one a few minutes ago. A couple friends from across the pond kept ranting and raving about how great the show is. I suppose for them, its nice to have a show based in Britain instead of America.

Its a pretty solid series. The story moves quick and steady and not full of fluff. Cillian Murphy does an excellent job.

20. Ismail

Ismail Member

Was about to post about Peaky Blinders. It's a really phenomenal show, cinematography and the sound track are great. And Cillian Murphy does an incredible job. Highly recommend it.