1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Movies] Have you seen all of the movies of your fav actor/actress

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by UtilityPlayer, Aug 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

If you go on IMDB and see if you have seen all the movies whether they were classics, mediocre, or flops. How close are you to finish his/her movies?

My fav actor of all time is Christian Bale for me:

I need to see some movies he did in the early 90's, but I did see "Empire of the Sun" when he was a young boy.

2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Director yes. Milos foreman. Actor no. Gregory peck

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I've seen all of Margot Robbie

4. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

T.J. Miller

Yes.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don't think I have one single favorite actor/actress

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Denzel - only movie I have not seen was: Much Ado About Nothing

Rocket River

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Some TV Movies. . .but I think we talking big screen

Rocket River

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

The closest to this that I've done is that I've read all the books, essays, and short stories written by Jerzy Kosinski, my favorite author.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've watched at least 60% of Jason Bateman's movies.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I've seen most of Gary Oldman's movies -- how this guy hasn't won an Oscar is beyond me.

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Ive seen all of Remy Lacroix's movies. I never watched any of them the whole way through though. Something about the loss of blood flow to the brain.

12. Dei

Dei Member

Nicolas Cage. lol no.

13. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Lio Dio no but most

14. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

No.

I have to be interested in the movie from reading the synopsis, the book or the watching the preview before I will go. Samuel L Jackson is one of my favorite all time actors but there is no way I'm even remotely interested in watching Snakes on Planes.

I'm much more likely to go see a movie based on who wrote the story or directed it.

I've seen every movie based off of Tolkien book, JK Rawlings book, Tom Clancy book, Mario Puzo etc...

I used to gravitate to movies written and directed by Quinton Tarantino but some of his flicks get a little too far out their. I've probably seen all of Stanley Kubrik's films (I hated A Clockwork Orange). I am definitely one that gravitates towards franchise types of movies which means I've probably also seen most if not all of George Lucsa films as well as Steven Spielberg and the guy taking his place, JJ Abrams. I have seen every movie based on the Gene Roddenberry universe as well as all of the Marvel films.

There are some actors that I'm trying to go back and see their films. Humphrey Bogart is one. I've seen Casablanca, Treasure of Sierra Madre and the African Queen. I just told my wife that I think I wanted to try and watch the rest of his movies as well some day.

The problem with watching movies just based on who was in it is that most actors had to act in some bad movies before they start landing roles in decent or good movies. Even then it can be a bit lucky for an actor to get a good script, plot and director every single time.

#14 crash5179, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Try Key Largo and To Have and have Not, both with Bogart and Lauren Bacall. I get wood from watching Bacall in those old movies...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

I've seen every Jaden Smith movie at the theatres.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I have seen 80% of all Lisa Ann's movies from my bedroom.

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

You watched Equilibrium? Woof.

I realized early on that trying to track actors and all their movies was a fool's errand. (Thanks Ewan McGregor and the Island.) Instead you should follow directors.

I've seen 9 Peckinpah films. 10 Wong Kar Wai's. 11 Miyazaki's. High quality fare almost every time. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Among modern directors you would do well to follow the works of Alfonso Cuaron, Paul Thomas Anderson, Danny Boyle, Nicholas Winding Refn. Ridley Scott, Scorsese, Cronenberg while old are still productive. At the same time you can avoid highly regarded directors whose movies you just don't like. For me that includes Tarantino, Woody Allen, Aronofsky.

19. what

what Member

The only person/artist that I am fanatical about is Ralph Ellison. I've read all of his books, including Juneteenth, Shadow and Act, Going into the Territory, Flying Home and other stories, along with some of Two Days before the shooting. I've also read a lot of what he read when he tells you about some of his books like, Kenneth Burke (A Grammar of Motives, Attitudes Toward History, etc), TS Elliot, Andre Malraux.

Ellison helped me gain a literary education way before school did.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

De Niro - not even close. He has way too many filler movies, especially lately. But the classics....none better.