1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] X-Men: Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 19, 2013.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

This is Fox Studios, do you really think they give a **** about continuity? What does that even mean really?

2. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

This was shown at the end of X3. Professor X has a twin brother who has been comatose since born. Basically, his twin brother is a spare body part with no consciousness so when Xavier got obliterated he transferred his mind to his twin.

3. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZSkn3KYwmtc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If Singer goes (he wont) I hardly think it would be the end of the world. I think James Cameron would be the perfect visionary for it (he wouldn't do it, although working with that First Class case is probably enticing). James Cameron knows sci-fi and he knows how to clean up a good mess.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

a) I didn't know this.
    b) what is this stupid ****?

c) see above.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Won't matter, the movie is pretty much done. It'll be out at the end of next month. They should have had Matt Vaughn direct this anyway.
    At least they got Josh Trank for the new Fantastic Four movie, although they will certainly find an additional way to **** that up as well.*

(*I'm not considering Michael B Jordan as torch a **** up because he's awesome. Them having invisible woman white while torch is black is the **** up there. I'm guessing the black kid is the adopted one right? Ughhh)

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Apocalypse and X-Force? They ain't out yet, dog.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Sorry edited after your post; you're right about that. My post still applies though, Matt Vaughn should direct those too. :)

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What role would Sigourney Weaver play if Cameron took over? Maybe the Beast?

1 person likes this.
  10. So Good

So Good Member

No, I meant young Xavier. He got shot in First Class and became paralyzed and he's walking around in the trailer to the sequel.

11. SunsRocketsfan

yeah i thought that was weird too...and clearly it's after the events of first class..

I also hate the casting for young charles.. THERE IS NO WAY HE BECOMES PATRICK STEWARTS Professor X. Just totally different characters, looks, voice, demeanor, attitute,, everything. i mean i know we change but there just doesnt seem to be a connection.. where young and old magneto seem more plausible.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He also walks around in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: The Last Stand both of which are set after First Class. And what about Moira? She's a Brit in her mid-to-late 30's in modern times in The Last Stand. But in First Class, she's an American in her early 30's in the 1960's?

The continuity is all F'd up.

13. So Good

So Good Member

But to go from crippled to walking for a sequel? I did read that maybe Wolverine is going back further than when First Class started.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You sure about that? I thought Days of Future Past is set in the 70's. As far as Professor X walking around in the new movie, let's wait to see it within the context of the movie. There was a shot of Patrick Stewart walking around in one of the trailers for the first X-Men flick and it turns out that scene in the movie took place in his mind.

The continuity is still F'ed up in the other movies though.

15. So Good

So Good Member

It was just a theory because a lot of people are confused why Charles is walking.

Yeah, continuity has always been messed up.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

The link below has a brief clip of Xavier and Magneto arguing. It explains how Xavier is walking and also why some First Class members aren't around.

Haha it's because he gave up his powers so he could have his spine surgically repaired? That was the explanation. Rofl I hate Fox.

Oh and if you guessed most of the First Class was dead, you guessed right. The continuity **** fest continues.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=99211

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Channing Tatum is playing Gambit in a future film...

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, sucks. Apparently in the next X-Men and again in a solo movie. The solo movie wasn't planned, then Tatum cast, instead, Tatum created the role for himself. Ultimately, Gambit just isn't interesting enough to carry a movie by himself IMO. And I'm not sure Tatum can even grow facial hair much less show anything resembling emotion on screen.

I hope they're still focusing on X-Force.

On a side note, the early reviews on DoFP are looking solid.

19. SexyButIgnorant

Well, this movie is getting really good reviews which I'm happy about, but then I just read that Channing Tatum is Gambit.

Gambit was my favorite mutant in the old cartoons, sucks to hear that they've cast Tatum in that role. I was watching John Campea (AMC podcast) talk about how he's seen Tatum grow as an actor and likes the casting, citing his performances in This Is The End and 21 Jump Street. That pissed me off.

I hope people don't think just cause Tatum was funny in both those movies and a couple other comedies where he's pretty much just a parody of himself does that qualify him as a good actor. He's terrible. I don't think I'd be that bothered if it was just a minor role, but that he's getting his own movie? Sucks.

Prove me wrong, Tatum. Make it a breakout role?

20. conquistador#11

what's wrong with tatum? apparently you guys didn't see his sick moves in 'step up'