1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] X-Men: Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 19, 2013.

1. fba34

fba34 Member

same can be said for the other 50+ characters in the movie.
    the only way an actor/actress can get praise for their character if its someone totally new, unexpected and has an amazing scene ala quicksilver.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

False. Fassbender and McAvoy have been getting a lot of run because they're awesome as Professor X and Magneto. As much as I love staring at JLaw does she honestly add anything as Mystique? No, not really.

I love Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen, but I really enjoy the new class actors in those roles just as much if not moreso at this point. JLaw makes me miss Rebecca Romijn in the worst way.

1 person likes this.
  3. fba34

fba34 Member

Mcavoy's prof x is the most annoying prof x. choosing to take his legs injections over his mutant powers? what a poof. get over your sad self :)
    I still cant get how annoying drunk prof x was hitting on college chicks.

nobody's going to wow the audience over their take on the character in the 15mins or so screen time they have in the movie. just enjoy the flashy stuff, and unbelievable plots and your childhood comic mutants coming to life in the movies.

And yes, JLaw added alot of things as mystique over rebecca romijn, but my fave character is still colossus and whoever the actor who played him 'totally added stuff to Colossus'. hahaha

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

And that is what exactly?

5. fba34

fba34 Member

Just using the term you used when you said JLaw didnt add 'anything' as Mystique, but she actually had scenes, instead of just hanging off Ian McKellen, smirking and "EVEN THE VOICE". c'mon, you want to convince me ex-Mrs Stamos could match JLaw's acting chops? there's no oscar worthy performances from this movie, but thats not what this type of movies about. Its about omg nightcrawler, omg quiksilver.
    I think January Jones and Rebecca Romijn were about even on "amount of things they added".

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Oscar Isaac was okay in that Coen Bros movie, but I'm surprised his star has risen this quickly on the heels of just that one art film.

I don't quite understand how this catapulted him into big-budget mega-movies. Am I missing an interstitial move? Maybe he has a phenomenal agent?

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's been in demand since Drive, he's hot with the Star Wars news. It happens fast. Same with Fassbender and Lawerence. They're good in small films, get a huge role, and explode, even before they appear in those blockbuster roles.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, it's a good call, especially with Lawrence. Winter's Bone, and then boom. Everything.

It was just funny b/c I actually thought the Coens (who can be kinda mean) cast him because he resonated sooo much with the main character, L Davis: okay at his craft, not great, not going anywhere. I mean, the guy had been trying to make a go of it for a while (just like the character), so I assumed he would fade again after that movie, especially when it wasn't very popular anyway.

Fascinating. I wish him no ill, btw. Good for him.

9. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

10. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Member

I have absolutely no desire to watch another X-Men movie or X-Men spinoff.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well the good news with that is there will only be about 27 more movies before they decide to do the usual reboot thing they always do with comics

12. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Member

Fox really has no clue what it is doing. I'm not a huge fan of all of the Marvel movies either, but at least they have come up with a cookie-cutter system for successful popcorn flicks.

With that said, Daredevil on Netflix has been fantastic and much more in line with my preference for darker (DC) comic story lines. Thanks Frank Miller!

13. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Member

I remember collecting the marvel legend action figures trying to complete that damn apocolypse figure. Never finished it. I think I ended up buying a completed Apocalypse off of ebay.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Olivia Munn?? I hope her part is extremely small.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, she's terrible.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He was pretty good in Suckerpunch too.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Would hit tho....

[​IMG]

18. Pete the Cheat

you didn't enjoy this one? I think they played to their strengths. Limited roles of weaker actors (and offering most of them some entertaining deaths)

plus...gotta love the tabula rasa on Cyclops and Jean. wtf were they thinking?

19. hvic

hvic Member

She probably gave someone a bj to get that part lol