1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] X-Men: Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 19, 2013.

1. egr281

egr281 Member

Nice LOTR reference there, thats a sick reference dude your references are sick and everyone knows that

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

A 3rd Wolverine movie is scheduled to come out in 2017, I'm sure they will explain how he got his adamantium in this new timeline

3. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I don't read the comics, but in the Marvel universe, was there a time when Mystique and Wolverine paired up for a while?

4. body slam

body slam Member

thanks

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's possible. But Mystique was never a huge deal in the comics, period.

I thought the Apocalypse clip looked cheap. I'm not complaining about it though, just saying that to frame this statement - Cyclops/Jean (more so Cyclops) showing up was the real surprise. I was thinking Jean would probably be there but was happy to see Scott Marsden back.

I also wonder if the original post-credits scene where CGI Apocalypse merges with Magneto was legitimate. My guess is they filmed it, leaked it to gauge the response, then scrapped it when people got pissed.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I completely agree on Cyclops; I was surprised when I saw him. I think he's a good actor, and I think he really got the **** end in this series.

Also...did that seriously happen? They actually filmed that? Ugh.........

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Quick reality check minor complaint/question:
    Was the groundskeeper at RFK drawing baseball diamond lines? It could have been football lines, but I remember the field looking setup for baseball. There was no baseball in DC from like the late 60's until when the Expos moved to DC a few years ago. Maybe in the 70's there was some baseball, but I don't think it existed there at the end of the Vietnam war (the setting of this movie).

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Started out semi-popular...she was one of the first/major bi-sexual characters, ironically in the Days of the Future storyline is where its revealed.

She slowly became popular in the 80s, especially with her expanded story-arc. It also didn't hurt that she may have been the most popular villainess, along with White Queen and Brood Queen (rip-off). Remember, her being popular fan boys, while also being a strong well-written female character.

Suddenly appearing in video games and two Saturday morning TV shows (1989, 1992). She became very popular...even more so when the first film came out in 99, while also being a central character in the films.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

That's true, but she was always a second tier character, not on the level of Magneto,Professor X and wolverine. We all know that Jennifer Lawrence is the reason mystique is being focused on. The girl has insane box office clout right now.

It really doesn't bother me at all. Her film backstory is interesting enough, and I personally have always like the character. It really seems to bother some people though. The film isn't the comics, people are just gonna have to deal with that. Aside from Rogue, who they F'd up beyond recognition, i've really like what the film series has done in general.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So I know a lot of y'all read these a few months ago but they're fun to read again after seeing the movie. They're not just throwaway marketing pieces, they both add a lot to the story. The movie is better because of these items. Must read supplements if you liked the movie.

http://www.25moments.com/#!/moments/1962
    thebentbullet.com

1 person likes this.
  11. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Yes they have.....but for just very brief times when it happens.

In the comics Mystique is just as old as Logan and they have been criss-crossing into each others lives as outright enemies, friends/allies, and lovers for about 100 years. Mystique has always had a strange draw and attraction when it comes to Logan. That same draw and attraction is there for Logan as well but to a much lesser extent.

This aspect of the two was hinted at on Mystique's part in the second X-man movie very briefly and was then never touched on again.

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Mystique is/was one of the most pivotal characters in that story arc.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Days_of_Future_Past#Plot

I like the films for effects and action scenes, like most superhero films. :p

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Saw the saw the movie. Have a couple of complaints. There wasn't a lot of action firstly.

Secondly, that super fast guy could have wrecked the **** with everybody. Did they not use him because the movie would have been boring otherwise?

14. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Pretty much. In fact, they wouldn't have needed to do anything for the whole movie. Just get Quicksilver to run into the building, catch the bullet, bring mystique out to the x-men in a secret car, drive off, movie's over.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My main complaint about the movie is that it is ridiculous that
    they just randomly gave Kitty Pryde the power to send people back in time because X3 screwed up so badly killing Cyclops and Jean Grey before they could have the kid that actually had that power. I mean, I understand why they had to do it, but honestly they'd have been better off just having it be some random instead of just giving a known mutant extra powers. Why not just say that professor X figured out how to do it instead?

Other than that, I thought it was an awesome movie
    and I think it sets up the franchise for some really good movies going forward

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rogue Rogue Rogue

In the Comics . . .1. she starts off as a Villian 2. She is Mystique's adopted Daughter

Mystique's connections and family tree in the comics is fun too
    [I wonder how Magneto would feel knowing Azazel was . . . . .at the same time]

Rocket River

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Just watched it and thought it was an amazing movie. Actually like it more then Cap 2, and I liked Cap 2 a lot. Also like the foreshadowing with the post credits sequence for the next movie.

Question for those of you that have seen the movie and are familiar with comics

Was it just me or was that kid at the very beginning of the movie in the future that brushed the dirt away and found the "X-men" symbol...was that supposed to be Nate Summers or am I reaching??? He had the hair like him

18. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Yeah, it looked like it was supposed to be him, although I'm not sure if the writers confirmed it or not. Probably just an easter egg for the more than casual viewers.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Wouldn't Trask still continue with his Sentinel research, though? Trask was portrayed as a smart and curious dude - wouldn't he wonder why he was held at gunpoint one second, and completely alone (with no bullet holes anywhere on the walls) the next?

I remember at the end of the movie, that Trask was arrested for something. Selling secrets to enemies? I forget. But would that happen if Trask was allowed to continue his research?

20. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Young Xavier was my favorite character this movie. And I'm a HUGE wolverine fan