1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] X-Men: Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

To truely do the Age of Apocalypse correctly you would need a trilogy like LOTR or even 6 movies like Star Wars to truely grapple with all the different storylines.

You would need to really do some serious character development so that the death of each as it comes to pass will really be felt by the audience and contribute towards the gravity of the event.

Otherwise you're going to just have X-Men 3 where mutants are killed off left and right and everyone is like meh.

2. Hmm

Hmm Member

Isn't Nero a girl...? Her view on Tatum's acting may be a little skewed for obvious reasons....

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

That's way too awesome to actually happen.

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

Well, it's a tried and proved formula.... The Avengers and it's introductory series of individual character-focused movies....

They could do that, and simply tweak it into a trilogy....

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Yeah this and a Dark Tower Series of movies I have little faith in ever coming to pass.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Haha guess so.

Nope! I became the token forum poster who tries to catch people in stuff that doesn't matter. My parents are so proud of me right now.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

I know nothing of the storyline, but if a lot of fan favorites die, that won't be good for business, regardless of how true it is to the comics. IMO.

8. platypus

platypus Member

Just finished catching the show. Wow, the movie was great. The ending was perfect, it's been a while since I've seen a movie ending that completed a story so well.

Do your self a favor and see it if you were on the fence. No spoilers here.

9. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great great movie. I really do hope they actually do more than just one more for AOA. You couldn't do just one movie to really get the big picture as other posters stated.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

I probably won't get to see this movie until next weekend.

Does anyone (important (meaning mutant)) die in the movie, brehs?

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Ugh...Fox needs to give up the rights to these movies.
    There was so much **** that made no sense. It definitely wasn't the worst Xmen movie, but I think I liked X2 and First Class better.

They also adjusted the plot to make sure there was as much Jennifer Lawrence and Hugh Jackman as possible. Don't get me wrong I like them both and Jennifer Lawrence is a cutie, but if I see that mystique scissor kick bull**** one more time...

12. plates300

plates300 Member

I was thinking the same. Nothing will top First Class.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Maybe. Maybe not.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Can you "spoiler" what you thought made no sense? Love to check out what detractors of the movie have to say, after I see the movie myself. It's sitting real pretty at 92% on RT right now, and a lot of the reviewers are actually lauding how smooth the storyline is, even though it should lend itself to be very confusing.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yes....for a little while anyway. We're dealing with time travel and superheroes. Needless to say, a lot of the deaths are not permanent. And that doesn't just apply to this entry in the series.

It's a pretty damn good flick, BTW. There are continuity errors that drove me nutz(many of which are attributed more to First Class than Days of Future Past), but if you can get past those, it's very entertaining. Think The Terminator meets X-Men.

17. Nero

Nero Member

Hah hah. Aren't you funny.

In case you were actually serious, no, of course I am not a girl, I am as regular straight whitebread male as you will ever stumble upon.

So no, I don't have boobs, so you can't attribute my opinion on Tatum to that.

What I DO have, however, is a degree in the theater, and over 35 years acting experience, in addition to writing and directing. So, I kinda know what I'm talking about when it comes to whether someone is a 'good actor' or not - not that that sort of thing isn't inherently subjective anyway. But at least I feel my opinion might hold a little more weight than your typical run-of-the-mill anonymous random internet yahoo who only repeats what all the other cool kids say and then pretends any of it was original thinking.

And don't misunderstand me - I am not claiming Tatum is a great or even good actor. All I am saying is, he is not the ridicule-worthy joke of an actor so many people like to say he is. He is.. ok.

He could possibly do the role justice, especially if he is enthusiastic for it from the beginning. Or, he could totally eff it up. We don't know. And like I said, Jupiter Ascending will probably go a long way toward showing us what we could expect from him in a role like that.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Sure. I'll try to make this as spoiler free as I can...but let's be honest, it won't be. The areas with additional spoilers are double spoilered basically.

The good:
    Young/old professor x/magneto are awesome as always. Especially Mcavoy and Fassbender.
    The ending was gratifying, especially after how awful some of the other movies were.
    The after credit scene was sweet.
    Quicksilver goes HAM.
    Solid movie over all.
    Some truly gruesome death scenes.
    Magneto owns Wolverine
    They briefly acknowledge that Magneto is Quicksilver's dad.

The bad:
    A lot of stuff that will just make you say what the **** and why?
    Beast's makeup looks like he has cotton balls attached to his face and spray painted blue.
    Anyone from First class who isn't semi-famous is killed off and it's very obvious who lives.
    Scenes added just so there is more Jennifer Lawrence.
    Quicksilver is in the movie...then gone just as quickly.
    Uh...why does Bishop need to use his power on a gun?
    Warpath is literally there to die over and over.
    Shadowcat can send people back in time now?
    Why did Magneto lift the stadium? And...where the hell did it go?
    Magneto somehow manages to control the Sentinels which are supposed to be made of plastic. He inserts metal rods in them, then somehow gets the ability to just speak commands to them?
    Sentinels are supposed to activate when mutants are nearby, so when Magneto flies close they turn on, but ignore that X/Wolverine/Beast/Mystique are like 20 ft away?
    And the biggest fail of them all...they made Mystique the center of the movie by saying they used her power to make the sentinels more advanced. Okay fine...so...
    Why do the Sentinels all of a sudden have the ability to mimic and steal other peoples' powers. I don't remember Mystique being able to do that.

There's other dumb **** like this...I hate Bryan Singer/Fox...

19. trigun333

trigun333 Member

I saw the movie last night, and it was awesome. They story was great and how it was paced throughout the film made it even better. The movie does come in at about 2 1/2 hours with trailers and staying till the end to see the easter egg at the end. To me, this by far the best X-Men film made. I really enjoyed X-men 1 and 2. X-men 3 was pure garbage and ruined what could have been awesome trilogy. X-men First class was ok, nothing special in my opinion.

I really do wonder what the overall opinion of this film will be here on Clutchfans, especially since its sitting at 93% on rotten tomatoes last I looked.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Oh I almost forgot...

So they fix time...and Stryker finds Wolverine to set him into the Weapon X project...so all is well and good...and...wait...Mystique is Stryker now? Uh?