1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Wonder Woman 84

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Dec 8, 2019.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The 16 million was (somewhat) encouraging because of the pandemic opening -- the movie has made so much that they immediately approved a third movie despite the horrible reviews and ongoing jokes about how terrible it is.

Xerobull likes this.
  2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

They scaled back marketing and they probably get a higher percentage of stream $$$ than box office but I find it highly unlikely it broke even.

They were asking for 600 million for No Time to Die from Netflix with a 250 million budget. WW84 had a 200 mil budget, 30 mil domestic box office boost but probably still needed 300 to break even.

I don't know for sure, but it has clearly been a critical failure and WW3 will be behind plenty of other things while they figure out how much Jenkins will control it or if movie theaters still exist.

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Just watched it ugh it wasn’t good. Honestly neither was the first. The only thing that saved the first one was the whole rushing the Nazis and fighting them scenes. The rest of the movie wasn’t very good.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

WW1 was WW1. No nazis.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

This reminds me of teaching a class to elementary school children on discrimination. One of them brought up the nazis. Another one said, "Wait, nazis are real? I thought they were only make believe characters from Indiana Jones. They seemed too evil to be real".

Kim, Buck Turgidson and Xerobull like this.
  6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Whoops I stand corrected.

Xerobull likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

8. TimDuncanDonaut

Contains possible spoilers. WW84 as a silent movie. (2:38 min)

[​IMG]

#228 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Os Trigonum and Xerobull like this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

@Yung-T for confirmation.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The pre-nazis. :oops:

Jontro likes this.
  11. Entropy

Entropy Member

I'm the same way, even though I grew up reading a bunch of comics, oddly enough.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I finally watched the movie. I would say it was somewhat entertaining but the premise was terrible.

WW randomly remembers that she can turn objects invisible but only uses it once the whole movie despite ample opportunities to use it later
    The wish thing makes no sense, some wishes are realistically granted (such as the Feds locking up that guy) but then some wishes involve walls and nukes appearing out of thin air. Not to mention what if two people wish they can rule the world? Who wins?

The main thing I have an issue with is that people have seen the world on the verge of destruction and two countries launched nukes at one another and yet a few months later everything is happy and normal? WW speaks to the entire world how come no one who knew Diana Prince in real life instantly recognized her voice?

13. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Don't forget the WW rapeyness.

14. TimDuncanDonaut

Is r@pe if it's a ex-supermodel?

(ok don't answer that, *slowly back away)

[​IMG]

Jontro and Xerobull like this.
  15. KingCheetah

Isn't that the best most romantic part?

16. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

This movie was astoundingly, embarrassingly awful. Like crime-against-humanity awful. Like Disney direct-to-video sequels awful.

Everybody involved with this movie should be fired into the sun, and schools should be forced to teach future generations about how bad this movie was.

BTW, Gal Gadot is so damn hot.

Jontro, McNultyisDrunk and King1 like this.
  17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

So...This isn't as good as the first one, but it was still entertaining for me, as I love the 80's Was it cheesy, too a while to get going and too long, yes...Also, I do not understand all the economics of doing theater and streaming for free, as my buddy used to say, that dog don't hunt...

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know...I somehow managed to avoid all the negative press on this thing. I loved the first movie and was excited for this one. I finally got around to watching it and I cannot believe how bad it was. Like every aspect of it was just poor. It feels like they looked at some of the visual aesthetics of Thor: Ragnarok and thought to themselves "the somewhat 80's style cheese and camp is what makes this movie great!" and then proceed to fill in all the rest of the gaps with three 8 year olds, injected with cocaine, working in shifts. It's just such a mess and some of the really screwed up things had SUCH easy fixes. I have no idea how it is no one suggested them. The rapey thing is the perfect example of that. Just make him appear out of nowhere like so many of the other wishes that were granted! Now you don't have to justify rape and haven't turned your superhero into a creepy villain.

Also, just the whole idea of the main antagonist being basically a genie that just wants power...man that's weak. He might be the weakest villain I've seen in a long time, and I LOVE Pedro Pascal. But there was only so much he could do with that crap.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Thats why they included the scene where she is talking to the guy she has had sex with without his consent.

20. Sajan

Sajan Member