1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Wolverine 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Feb 3, 2011.

1. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Member

I felt like it suffered from the same problem that the first one had: the first 10 minutes should've been the whole film. In the first film, I would've loved to see a film about Wolverine fighting in the wars (the opening credits scene). In this one, I wanted to see how Wolverine got captured by the Japanese and shoved in to a hole, only to escape during the atomic bomb blasts.

That said, still an ok movie, and I was kind of glad it didn't go too 'big'. Would've liked more of a link to the X-Men franchise though, kind of like how the Thor/Iron Man/Cap 'Merica led up to Avengers.

2. durvasa

durvasa Member

I just found the movie to be boring. All that slow, drawn out dialogue between Logan and those Japanese women ... I started to tune it out. None of those characters were interesting to me. And then they kept switching back to his dreams about Jean, which didn't help. Maybe it would have meant something more to me if I saw X-men 3 or the first Wolverine movie.

It looks like I missed the best part by leaving as soon as the credits rolled.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

The end credits are on youtube. Go check it out now before they take it down. I just typed Wolverine 2 end credits.

and yeah, the Jean Gray scenes were ridiculous. Makes Wolverine seem like a loser who can't get over his only rejection in life.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They'll be continuing with that storyline in the fall in a show that seems to be headed in a better direction than the Wolverine-oriented version. http://amcpress.me/2013/04/01/wolverine-and-the-x-men-returns-this-fall-in-a-sense/