1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Transformers 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 2, 2009.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

They're milking this... but I don't really care. May the jokes get cheesy, the dialog be worse than Episodes I-III of Star Wars, the acting worse than Bruce Willis in Hudson Hawk, but it's a dang Summer BlockBuster movie that doesn't need all that.

It's a FREAKIN' MOVIE. Get over it. If you don't want to get entertained by shiny robots and destruction of cities, then don't see it... don't see it... :p
    Tinseltown Katy charged me $8 for Cars 2 in 3D on Saturday morning's first show. I'd say a little less than $ 0.065/minute, maybe: $.048 for me. :cool:

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why can't we have that many hours of Megan Fox fisting

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Hotrod is one of my favorites, in fact I have a hotrod toy on the top of my desktop here at work, its gathering some dust though. I should transform it to robot mode and set it up.

I have my ticket for tmrw night at the imax 3d I am a huge transformers nerd and of course have been disappointed by the live-action films but I'll still go see them because they're transformers. Its an action film with robots, cars, jets and lots of explosion I am looking for entertainment not an intellectual discussion about world economic trade policies.

I heard they were taking out the twins which were a horrible idea to have in the first place I remember there was some uproar with those characters in the first place (they were not original transformers from the toy line and comics) saying that they were racist.

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Still not watching

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

The King of Fanboydom speaks. Thumbs Up!

See what I mean when I say fanboys will adulate anything. They flew the press out to Moscow for the premiere. Tell me this overweight undersexed fanboy doesn't look like the type who can be bought by a fancy trip, awesome desert table at the press junket and low priced Russian whores.

2 hrs and 40 min people!

<object id="flashObj" width="480" height="270" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1025165957001&playerID=83310723001&playerKey=AQ~~,AA

AAAG7vDcc~,46NTBpl9iNFLMOFkFQBekM1THAVaaE8m&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1025165957001&playerID=83310723001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAG7vDcc~,46NTBpl9iNFLMOFkFQBekM1THAVaaE8m&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="480" height="270" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

6. VanityHalfBlack

A user from rottentomatoes.com, hahahahaha...
    by cigaretteburns

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

They took out the twins (although added a dumb but not nearly as offensive robot in its place), minimized the parents, maybe cut down on the potty humor just a little.

8. The_Yoyo

thats good to hear I understand they need to span across all age demographics when making a summer blockbuster movie like this so having a 'comic relief' type autobot in there makes sense i mean they made the movies so it wasnt all cartoony (though addition then of the twins makes no sense) but at least in the cartoons you had blur, the junkions and at least to me, Grimlock, for comic relief

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Don't forget about Jazz to a certain extent.

Grimlock really changed after the movie, he was really much more serious and dangerous in his pre movie appearances.

10. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

After the last one I wasn't planning on seeing this one in the theater but yesterday a co-worker got several free passes to a 3D screening at MarQ. Definitely better than the second. The ghetto Autobots are gone and the failed attempt at humor is improved. Better storyline overall. Worth watching if you're into this type of action movie.

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I plan on taking the kids...the second was pretty bad, but I like action so we're there...No Megan Fox sux though

Random, but I kind of liked the Mark Cuban/SC Transformer commercial...

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ftl2mF3zhgs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I am absolutely pumped for this movie. The trailers got me hooked.

The last one wasn't as good as the first one, but hey, action is action, and it was great. Megan Fox didn't hurt either.

13. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Midnight tickets purchased

btw, whoever got the Fandango deal, I'd suggest using it on this since it the value of it was for up to $15 each ticket. I got 2 tickets for the 3D showing at Fountains, used my AMC Stubs card to waive the convenience fee, and the voucher still covered it since the total was $25

pretty hyped to see and think it'll be worth the 3D/Imax upgrade fee, i mean, its a FREAKING MICHAEL BAY MOVIE, I'd waste another 3 hours of my life and watch Pearl Harbor in the 3D.

14. The_Yoyo

you may be the only one in the theater watching that movie then

my roommate said he read somewhere that this movie is the best movie since avatar when it comes to the 3D treatment...curious now to see how it will be. I got the 9pm imax 3d for tonight.

thats true but with the loss of Optimus Grimlock actually was one of the strongest remaining autobots with leadership qualities. He had probably as much right to lead as Rodimus did. Grimlock was always one of my favorite transformers in general. While 'Grimlock's New Brain' was one of the funniest episodes in the Generation 1 series I didnt like how it deviated from the comics saying Grimlock created the technobots.

I did forget that Jazz was killed in the first one, I am kind of curious as to what 'classic' transformers they may bring in for this movie. I've done my best to stay away from any reviews or leaks about the movie I've seen the trailers nothing seems to be too obvious from there.

Another disappointment from mine is the lack of Soundwave in the movies. He was in the second one hijacking communications from the satellite but seriously he would have been so bad ass in the movies if they kept him as a boombox with ravage, buzzsaw, laserbeak, rumble and frenzy. Soundwave was my favorite deception after the comic version of Scorponok (they did feature him too much in the animated series and really bastardized him in the beast wars series and the first movie)

15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Bold statement, and it makes me curious. I don't care much for 3D at all but Avatar blew me away. I thought Tron could do the same, but the 3D in that really sucked. I guess it had a lot to do with the Grid being a little too dark in the first place.

I also read that because Bay fully embraced 3D in this one, he was forced to slow down the action shots and make 'em more fluid, using less of the shaky camera work.

16. Serg300

Serg300 Member

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:368px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:video:jokes.com:252702" width="360" height="293" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://comedians.jokes.com/nick-swardson/videos/nick-swardson---summer-movies/">Comedy Central's Jokes.com</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href='http://www.jokes.com'>Jokes</a>,<a href='http://www.jokes.com'>Joke of the Day</a>,<a href='http://www.jokes.com/funny/'>Funny Jokes</a></p></div></div>

Can't wait for this movie! I still wish Megan Fox was in this one.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Roger Ebert-

18. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

It's a blessing that I don't have to see Roger Ebert talking non-sense about senseless action films, so lets not post his crap here.

The Transformers crowd don't really give a shtt about what Ebert has to say... lol OOPS, I mean, write.

a little harsh? yea...

19. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

That's what so sad because turds like these will keep pushing down our throats because of people keep paying to watch these garbage.

I'm getting sick of remakes and sequels that are the same as the last movie with more SFX.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

hrrmm if Roger Ebert hated it, I may go see it out of spite