1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Transformers 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 2, 2009.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

The kid in me hopes they continue on with this mindless junk to bring me back to my childhood...

Screw it bring on Unicorn, Galvatron, Rodimus and Ultra Magnus!

All out CGI battle and kill off Fox just to make it legit!

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'm all for mindless movies where you can just turn off your brain and enjoy it. But Transformers 2 was really REALLY bad.

3. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

First one was great, second not so much. Hopefully they cut back on the special effects and focus on the content of the film

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Mr. Magoo could've predicted this one.

5. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Funny that Bay stated he wanted to take a break from Transformers and do something else first before doing a third one...

And then you have a guy like Chris Nolan. No amount of money is going to get him to make another installment any sooner, if at all.

6. shawn786

shawn786 Member

The difference between the first 2 Transformers films & Batman films is literally night and day.

That in its self tells you how different Nolan & Bay really are.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Grown up as a huge fan of Transformers. Slept through the tail end of transformer 1, which was the climax. Got the sequel on blue bray, but no real desire to watch it. Bay IMO did disservice to the Transformers. He took the soul out of it.

8. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

While the second made more money, IMO the first was much more successful due to the storyline. Crossed so many demographics and age groups. This is what gave the 2nd film such a head start on that 401M. The third will struggle to get to 300M, unless it goes back to the heartwarming storyline that got so many hooked on the first.

Who knows, perhaps they can combine the humanistic story of the first, with the robotic storyline of the 2nd, and produce a real winner. Much like The Phantom Menace did to Star Wars, there are certain "little things" that could have been done with Revenge of the Fallen to make it so much better without changing the story or direction that the film took.

*Cough*Original Twins Sunstreaker and Sideswipe *Cough*

9. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

....and no one CARES.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Big pic w/ new designs:

[​IMG][/img]

11. rage

rage Member

So you don't have any problems with watching a robot with testicles thrusting at your face?

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

New character poster released today, kind of a spoiler on a new character to the live action films ....
    [​IMG]

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

^ is that supposed to be

shockwave?
    [​IMG]

14. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

That was my impression.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

ugh i was always upset that the original cartoon really downplayed the role of shockwave compared to the comic books. in the comics he was megatron's equal or superior but in the cartoon he was just some mindless servant of megatron's on cybertron. chances are the movies will do the same

i am going to watch this and be disappointed probably...seriously i am sure they can easily find some of the original writers and come up with a great story that will still have plenty of oohs and ahhs and explosions.

16. Serg300

Serg300 Member

17. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

New trailer:
    <iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AMCUl0JqnJo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#37 rcoleman15, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Wow trailer looks really good. But the second trailer looked good too. Still, this makes me want to see it.

19. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Wow that look like crap. Same blowing up crap. Rehash story and you can't even tell the difference between the bots. Chaotic mess. It's funny the trailer is trying to take this movie seriously but the movie will be another big joke.

20. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member