1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[movie trailer] The Hateful Eight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by joeson332, Aug 12, 2015.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

New movie trailer for Quentin Tarantino's new movie.
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[youtube]gnRbXn4-Yis[/youtube]

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Looks terrific. Par for the course with Tarantino.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I love Tarantino movies.

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I can't wait for my bladder to explode in the theater after holding it in for two-and-a-half hours.

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I've been patiently waiting for this to come out forever, especially after his first script was hacked and released on the web. Looks fan freaking tastic, HUGE Tarantino fan ovah here.

6. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

When's it coming out? Love me some Tarantino.

7. 713

713 Member

Christmas.

also
    Star Wars Dec 18. (week before)

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Trailer is confusing as hell. No idea what it's about. Doesn't feel very authentic.

But I get Quentin's style and enjoy his movies so probably will this... just definitely don't find his stuff revolutionary or some of the top of the top.

9. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I'm not sure what it's about either. Looks like they're all bounty hunters or something and one of them is a killer? Maybe like a Reservoir Dogs type story.

What do you mean by authentic and what would you consider authentic?

10. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Looks like the holiday season will make up for the poor summer movie season. I can't think of a really great summer movie this year unless Mad Max counts as a summer movie.

11. Yonkers

History never mentioned any instance of 7 bounty hunters and a murderer stuck in a cabin. So this movie is fake.

12. JayZ750

None of the characters seem like they'd exist in any time frame really.

They all seem "hyper-real" in a sense. I feel like this is a change in Tarantino's movies that has happened over the years. His characters were always higher-energy types, but Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction they felt more believable.

I think starting with Kill Bill, but even more so in something like Inglourious Basterds... the characters are just so strong in their unique mannerisms it just comes across as fake and trying to hard....over-acting in a way... even though I know it's purposeful for his style.

13. Yonkers

I don't agree. I'm not saying that the more recent ones aren't 'hyper-real' as you define it. I don't agree because I think they have always been this way. You can't tell me the characters in Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction were not just as over the top. They might have been over the top in ways you've seen in other movies so they seem more normal to you but they are not real in any sense of the word. The Wolf? Christopher Walken's character and the watch story? Zed and the Gimp? Come on, man.

14. VanityHalfBlack

Hope it's better than Django. I like the 1st half of that movie but as soon as he was done with DiCaprio, everything after that the movie was tedious and overstretched. The dialogue wasn't as snappy as his previous work so not sure what happened to that.

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Looks like I'm seeing 2 movies in the theater in december

16. Yonkers

DiCaprio's character didn't die until the movie was 85-90% of the way through. I agree that it should ended around there but then dragged on for an extra 20 minutes to show him getting caught and then coming back again.

17. JayZ750

You're probably right in that it isn't a change, just a continued movement towards. The characters have become more that way... even though they were before, too.

And it seems like they were either secondary characters or the story within the story in the older movies. Whereas Travolta and Willis feel real, and a character like the Wolf pops up and is that over the top hyper-real. Or look at Sam Jackson. Yes, he had scenes that were over the top in Pulp Fiction, but overall felt very real. Whereas in this preview, it is just all over-the-top, overacted feeling

18. VanityHalfBlack

70 mm, I'm not sure I understand. Is that old timey like what they show in the 50s or is this new technology?

19. Yonkers

Well, to be fair, if you looked at Inglorious Basterds and it was just the scenes of the Jew Bear, Brad Pitt or Hitler then it's over the top caricatures. But the opening scene, scenes with Shoshanna, the Jew Hunter... I think those felt very real.

20. MystikArkitect

Inglorious Basterds wasn't authentic. Don't think Hitler died in a theater after getting his face shot off and then subsequently blown up by an ankle bomb.