1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] This Is the End

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Real Shady, Jun 16, 2013.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I'm really glad I decided to see this movie instead of Super Man. It's freaking hilarious and I'll probably end up seeing it multiple times. Highly recommended. 9/10

So many funny moments, but the Michael Cera **** had me rolling at the beginning. Kind of reminded me of Neil Patrick Harris in Harold and Kumar.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Michael Cera had a breakout performance.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The c*m convo between Franco and the guy from east bound and down had me crying LOL.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

That was funny. I thought the movie was good overall. It dragged on towards the end since it was long. The ending was lame, but what do you expect from a comedy. I give it a 6.5. Hangover 3 was funnier.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Say whaaaaaaaaaaat????

6. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I dunno, I lol'd more. This movie gave me bigger laughs though. I guess it was better until the weak ending. They are equal in my book.

7. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I thought the ending was hilarious. Best comedy I've seen in at least a year, easily.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

minor spoiler, if you consider plot occurrences in comedies a spoiler:

did i miss what happened to emma watson? or did she just leave the house and nothing was resolved?

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

they put out the rapy vibe, she overheard them talking about raping her, came out with an axe, jacked their water, and burned off. They told franco to shoot her, but he said no (not like he even could with that gun). Sooo, hermoine just robbed us.

She is british, she is used to eating ****ty food. Haha. The guy from east bound was really funny. I knew he was gonna come out of the trailer before they showed his feet and that he'd become king of those freaks. Perfect set up to get his revenge. I was disappointed when he chose to leave.

10. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

^Yea that was it.

Spoiler:

Thought the movie was hilarious but the ending was terrible. It's as if they did the whole movie and then said "oh **** we have to end this somehow...backstreet boys?"

11. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

it was more wtf to the overall wtf of the movie so it fits.

good wtfs tho.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Danny Mcbride is probably my favorite comedy character ever. He's cocky persona just gets me everytime. Ha he goes from best friend to trying to eat you. Funny

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

So basically the ending of Pineapple Express 2 is the same as This is the End.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

There were some funny scenes but it's mostly stupid dick jokes. Lame.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Now I have that Doors tune playing in my head, the one it took them about half an hour to play in concert. Argh!

16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It was funny in certain parts. A lot of jokes and scenes were very predictable, but they were humorous in their own way.

However, too many dick jokes and potty humor. 6/10

Channing Tatum cameo was the best part.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Laughed my ass off. Before viewing it, we went to the bar next to the theater to have a few drinks, and a round of shots. So that might have helped, but I really enjoyed the movie. And so did everyone else that was with me.

18. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I don't know how you can say there was too much potty humor and then say that the
    Channing Tatum cameo
    was the best part. Seeing as how that's all that was.

I really liked the movie. Would watch again. Way better than Hangover 3.

19. VanityHalfBlack

Wow, this is like the best movie of the year for me so far, and what really is surprising is the CG in this movie. The CG is really damn good for a comedy. This is coming from a guy who hates watching comedies at the movies, then again I saw the Hangover 3 in theaters so my opinion holds no merit. Anyways Jay Baruchel is the standout in this movie, his delivery/comedic performance is brilliant, wow!

20. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

That was something I noticed too. The 'quality' was high for a comedy movie.