1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

*Movie* - The Village

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sonny, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I've got sneak peek tickets for tonight over at Edwards (i10/silber). Is anyone else going?

I've loved all of M. Night's movies so far, I can't wait to see this.

Official website w/trailers & wallpapers

2. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

who did you get the sneaks from???

3. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

A friend who got them from the Chronicle.

If the show starts at 8pm, what's the best time to get there to make sure I get a seat? (since you've been to plenty of these)

4. Chance

Probably and hour and a half or more before. When we did Anchorman people were there 4 hours before but the people that got there an hour and a half before still got in.

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Quite a few movies I want to see this weekend, Manchurian Candidate, Village, H&K go to White Castle, Thunderbirds.....just kidding, that movie is gonna suck balls.

6. Chance

Tell that to my son!
    He is escited about it.
    Of course, he's seven.

7. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

And Collateral.

8. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

Friends with passes to the Catwoman preview couldn't get in an hour before.

9. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

They were the lucky ones.

10. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Sonny, I want spoilers of The Village after you see it... email me through the board if you don't want to post them.

11. daNasty

daNasty Member

Yup post all the spoilers because I won't be catching this garbage movie. M. Night is an overated director that keeps on doing the same crap over and over again. The reason people are packing the theatre to see his movies because they are expecting or hoping for another Sixth Sense.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I would not say that
    BUT his movies have gotten progressively worse

Sixth Sense > Unbreakable > Signs

Rocket River

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I am a HUGE fan of his movies. I can't explain it -- I just love to watch one of his movies ... really reminds me of the old Spielberg days. I can see where some would not like "Unbreakable", but I LOVE that movie.

CNN's front page has a link that says "Review: 'Village' Shyamalan's best yet". I mean that just gets me even more pumped up about this movie. I refuse to click the link or read anything about the story/movie.

I'm hoping to go see it tomorrow night.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

signs is among my favorite movies ever....i love this guy. can't wait to see the village.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

He's in a genre that doesn't offer a lot of imaginatrive growth, but he's done pretty good so far, so I like what he's tried to accomplish.

16. deepellumrocket

I managed to get in to an employee screening at theater here in Dallas this past Tuesday night. The movie is pretty cool. Not as good as Sixth Sense, but it has some great thrills.

17. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

deepellumrocket... please email all the good spoilers! you can email me through the board.

18. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

You should show him the old Thunderbirds and tell him the movie will be the same way. If he likes the puppets, then just tell him you are such an awesome dad, you got the movie on DVD before anybody else. ;)

Collateral doesn't open til August, Master Baiter.

Of all the movies opening to wide release this weekend, Harold and Kumar has the highest rating on Rotten Tomatoes:eek:

I liked the message of Signs, but everytime I think about the Aliens being killed by water, I want to break something.

19. daNasty

daNasty Member

I was a fan of his when The Sixth Sense came out. Unbreakable was good but the whole ending wasn't what you would want. Signs was just terrible IMO. From what I've heard, The Village is just as worst. Common Clutch, you can't compare M. Night to Spielberg. I mean Spielberg covered almost every genre and made classics movies out of them. M. Night just got one hit wonder in the Sixth Sense. Maybe I hated the guy now because he's got big EGO claiming he's the next BIG thing.

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Swing away Oski, Swing away.