1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] THE MATRIX 4 : Resurrections

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

UPDATE:

‘Matrix 4’ Officially a Go With Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Lana Wachowski (EXCLUSIVE)
    By JUSTIN KROLL

Get ready to re-enter the Matrix.

Lana Wachowski is set to write and direct a fourth film set in the world of “The Matrix,” with Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss reprising their roles as Neo and Trinity, respectively.

Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures will produce and globally distribute the film. Warner Bros. Picture Group chairman Toby Emmerich made the announcement on Tuesday.

“We could not be more excited to be re-entering ‘The Matrix’ with Lana,” said Emmerich. “Lana is a true visionary — a singular and original creative filmmaker — and we are thrilled that she is writing, directing and producing this new chapter in ‘The Matrix’ universe.”

In addition to Wachowski, the script was also written by Aleksandar Hemon and David Mitchell. Wachowski is also producing with Grant Hill. Sources say the film is eyed to begin production at the top of 2020.

Warner Bros. has been trying for the last of couple years to find a way to get back into “The Matrix” universe, but a hold-up over producing rights slowed the project down. Over the past couple of months, the studio saw an opportunity to ramp up development, with Reeves boasting a strong summer that included box office hits “John Wick 3” and “Toy Story 4” and a script from Wachowski that drummed up excitement.

Plot details are currently unknown, as is how the role of Morpheus will be handled, originally played by Laurence Fishburne. Some sources say the role may be recast for a younger take.

The three previous films —“The Matrix,” “The Matrix Reloaded” and “The Matrix Revolutions” — have collectively earned more than $1.6 billion at the global box office. All three were written and directed by Lana and her sister, Lilly, and starred Reeves and Moss.

“Many of the ideas Lilly and I explored 20 years ago about our reality are even more relevant now. I’m very happy to have these characters back in my life and grateful for another chance to work with my brilliant friends,” Wachowski said.

The first “Matrix” had its 20th anniversary this year, marked by special screenings at select AMC locations starting on Aug. 30.

Wachowski is represented by WME, Circle of Confusion and attorney Peter Grossman. Reeves is represented by WME and Ziffren Brittenham. Moss is represented by WME, longtime manager Elizabeth Hodgson and attorney Bob Lange.

THE MATRIX: New Rumored Details Shed Some Light On The Directors, Production Start Date, And Lead Star

We've been hearing rumours for a while now that The Matrix is set to return to the big screen, and if a new report is to be believed, we have details on the writer, directors, lead star, and much more...

[​IMG]

If a new rumour is to be believed, The Matrix franchise will return to the big screen sooner than expected. It's said that Zak Penn (The Incredible Hulk) has indeed been hired to pen the screenplay, while Lana and Lilly Wachowski are expected to direct after taking the helm of the original trilogy.

It's also said that Michael B. Jordan (Black Panther) is attached to star in, as well as produce, the movie. What about Keanu Reeves? That obviously remains to be seen.

Here's where things get really interesting, though; principal photography is reportedly scheduled to start as early as the first half of 2020 in Chicago, with a crew currently being quietly put together for pre-production. Returning art director Hugh Bateup, meanwhile, will be serving as a production designer.

There's still no word on whether this is a reboot, prequel, or sequel, and given how poorly received the last two movies in the franchise were, this is definitely a gamble on Warner Bros.' part as The Wachowskis have proven themselves to be very hit and miss.

#1 Xerobull, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Rodman23, tmoney1101 and Riz like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

would be up for a sequel where the matrix resets itself and the whole messiah cycle starts all over again with a new breh. hopefully this time the machines win.

this needs to also star tom cruise.

Yung-T and dmoneybangbang like this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

In this matrix everything is opposite. The Wachowski Bros already kicked it off by identifying as the Wachowski sisters. Now "the one" must absorb all the bullets instead of dodging them.

tmoney1101, Jontro and B-Bob like this.
  4. Xerobull

The Matrix is my absolute favorite movie of all time. That said, I am a little concerned with the Wachowskis directing anything as everything they did post Matrix 1 got more and more skewed towards the sexually weird. See Sense8. I want their stuff to be commercially acceptable so they can keep making great movies.

Rocket River likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Somehow I am less excited than in 1999 when the Original came out. I saw it 3 times.

[​IMG]

Almost bought that one.

B-Bob likes this.
  6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Wow so they are both women now. Huh.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Why is Hollywood obsessed with reboots man. Jesus.

HillBoy and arkoe like this.
  8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

They're not, they're obsessed with $$$$

J Sizzle likes this.
  9. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

If we as a society come together and refuse to see reboots at the theater, we would make a change toward originality. But, sheep do what sheep do.

Richie_Rich, J Sizzle and ipaman like this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

People are more than happy to go to the 753rd comic book movie instead of something original. It is what it is.

Yung-T and RudyTBag like this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Sense8 was GREAT.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Coen sisters next?

Keed...

#12 daywalker02, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  13. donkeypunch

You shut your w**** mouth.

Invisible Fan and KingCheetah like this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gawdammit Michael B Jordan? Seriously... Ugh...

15. Xerobull

@Mr.Scarface agree, Sense8 is a great show. Just not mainstream enough to get renewed.

@J Sizzle what exactly do you mean? Endgame was one of the best, most original action movies ever. You people need to get over it- comic book movies are a genre that’s here to stay like sci-fi, horror or westerns.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean exactly what I wrote. I’m not saying they’re badly made movies. I enjoyed Endgame. But to say it’s original is silly. It’s like the 30th comic book movie since this whole thing started, and each one generally hits the same beats in terms of big action set pieces and whatnot. They’re the only type of movies that 90% of people care to spend money on nowadays, which leads to little large-scale investment in other types of movies, and that’s boring. Hollywood goes for guaranteed box office over originality nowadays, and while I understand the reasoning for it, of course, it also is boring if you love a wide variety of movies, at least on a blockbuster-scale.

And that ties back to this pointless Matrix reboot/sequel thing. We don’t need it, the last two movies were not good, and it just is a pure cash grab.

#16 J Sizzle, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  17. likestohypeguy

When you're ready, you won't have to.

[​IMG]

Let's do a John Wick enters the matrix mashup crossover thing. He accidentally the whole matrix, end of series.

CometsWin, J Sizzle and donkeypunch like this.
  18. donkeypunch

Him and pharrel need to make a vampire movie together. Maybe a live action movie of Castlevania sourced from the Castlevania anime on Netflix. These mfers don't age.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Matrix is an all-time classic -- I've never made it through either of the sequels they are so bad. Another sequel or reboot sounds like a terrible idea.

MIAGI99, Richie_Rich and Deckard like this.
  20. PhiSlammaJamma

Think the first movie had a lot of hidden depth, however, the next two movies tried to hard to explain it. Still fun. I'm not sure where it can go unless they let someone new try to re-computer it and get away from the religious undertones.