1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MOVIE]THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cowboy_Bebop, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dUlxoZRwUS0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Donkey's wife is in this movie?

Still haven't seen the first or any of the LOTR for that matter. I'll get to it eventually.

3. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Naaace! Legolas is back (from the future)!

Very disappointed by the first Hobbit, so let's hope Green Arrow can make up for it. Also, from the LOTR trilogy, don't we know that all elf kingdoms in the middle earth gets destroyed? That means this trilogy will not end well.

5. VanityHalfBlack

That's the title for the second movie? Someone explain please?

6. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I totally enjoyed the first one because I totally love the adventurous nature of the movie and the companionship between the characters just like the first LOTR. This one continue the journey and up for the fun once again. I'm seriously hoping that Peter Jackson and WB can come up with an ORIGINAL trilogy after this one if they can come up with something good.

7. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Yes that's the second title that they came up for The Hobbit since it's only based on just one book.
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
    The Hobbit: There and Back Again

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It looks great. I'll just pretend that Legolas was in the novel. ;-)-

9. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Ugh, hated the first movie. They took a book that was shorter than any of the books in the LOTR trilogy and spanned it over 3 movies.

Money grab.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Very disappointed in the first one. Probably won't bother to watch this one -- I didn't even bother to watch the trailer.

11. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Rented the first last night... It was just 'meh.' I can understand making a long book into 2 movies, but 3 is just a pure money grab.

I'll rent this one as well for a $1 at redbox, not gonna give them the $$ by going to the theatre.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Desolated viewers have to come in and bash the previous one... to give us an announcement that this one, too, will be a bad one... :rolleyes:

Can we just talk about this one? It's ANOTHER movie, dudes. Quit the nerdy "but the book said...!" comments... and enjoy it for what a movie should be... JUST A MOVIE. Come on, now. If you want it like the book or if you want it just as the book, just keep reading your book! :p

13. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

^^ Agreed. I have never read any of the books. I mean the books were published 60 to 70 yrs ago and sure it's a classic but sometime things need to be change so that it could work for the movies. I mean if you can make changes to the books to make it better so be it.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's the question though with any adaption is whether the changes are better. For example anyone who read the Dune Books would agree that the changes made to the store in the 80's movie were not for the better.

That is why these are adaptions and not original scripts. As an adaption the biggest part of the appeal is for people who were fans of the original work.

15. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Don't care about the books...

With that said the visuals and art direction looks improved. I'm likin it.

16. VBG

VBG Member

I loved the Hobbit (book).

I thought the movie was very well done. I'm one of those people who don't really care if the movie is an identical replica of the book. I view the movie as a standalone feature.

So I really enjoyed the Hobbit (movie). They had some cool tie-ins to the Lord of the Rings. Looking forward to this sequel.

1 person likes this.
  17. VBG

VBG Member

The Hobbit (Book) is very different from the Lord of the Rings books. It's a much faster read.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I actually like the book The Hobbit more than the LOTR books.

I also enjoyed the movie even though there were significant differences than the book. I thought it captured the feel of the book pretty well, and was very interesting visually.

I'm looking forward to seeing the next Hobbit movie.

19. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

Either way I don't care for the books. Not my style of reading. Also I am not one to compare books with their movie counterparts. So I'll def enjoy the next installment.

20. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I agree with those above mentioning that 3 movies is a pure money grab.

Two movies would suffice for The Hobbit's material.