1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] The Conjuring 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by roxxfan, Jun 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Just wondering what your thoughts are for the sequel. It is a whole bunch better than the first one IMO. The 2nd half of the movie definitely makes up for the slow start. I also really enjoyed the designed for the entity as well as some of the effects. Didn't see a thread.

I like that it did not completely rely on the jump scare aspects; it sort of showed you what you where dealing with and made you kinda focus on the eeriness of it.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I thought it was about on par with the first, and I liked the first so that was a pleasant surprise. Horror sequels are almost never good, so this was good to see.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I couldn't get over the slow start.

Demon movies don't get to me any more I guess.

For some reason I have to give "It follows" the thumbs up out of most recent scary movies. That movie gave me the creeps.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Watched it on Friday at the theatre. To me it was pretty good, much better than all the other crap out there

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not a fan of the genre but kind a fan of James Wan

Got to watch his movies other than Fast and Furious

6. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

It was pretty good. I didn't like the CGI of the
    crooked man
    . I like that they included the counter arguments regarding the case. Overall there were some nice jump scenes and I enjoyed the storyline.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

I have a bootleg copy, but too scared to watch it.

8. VanityHalfBlack

Holy ****, so much better than the first one. Loads of fun, not a dull moment. James Wan is the best.

9. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Got dragged by friends from work to watch this. I didn't have high expectations after having watched Annabel and the most recent Insidious installment. In the end, I loved it. It has to be the best horror flick I've watched in years, next to Babadook. It's the kind of horror flick you could bring a large group of friends to watch with and have a grand time.

10. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah, it has to be that British setting. I love England! It got some jump scares but not to a point where it becomes super lame. Was anyone impressed by Wan's camera work? Wow!

11. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

12. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Whoops... *wasn't.

13. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

New Line Cinema Developing THE CONJURING 2 Spinoff Film THE NUN

[​IMG]

Out of the several eerie entities to haunt The Conjuring 2, the one that may have left the most goosebumps on moviegoers was a ghostly nun that haunted Ed and Lorraine Warren. That nun has surely caused some sleepless nights, and it could provide more nightmare fuel in the future, as it’s been reported that a spinoff movie about the demonic spirit is in the works.

According to THR, New Line Cinema is developing The Nun, a feature film spinoff of The Conjuring 2 that would focus on the horrifying antagonist of the latest James Wan film.

The Conjuring 2 co-writer David Leslie Johnson has been set to write the script for the spinoff about the nun, who was inserted into the film towards the end of shooting when Wan came up with the idea for the creepy character played by Bonnie Aarons.

As fans of The Conjuring franchise know, this isn’t the first character encountered by the Warrens to receive its own movie. In 2014, New Line released Annabelle, a film about the origin of the haunted doll faced by the Warrens (and eventually held behind glass in their museum). A sequel, Annabelle 2, is scheduled to come out on May 19th, 2017 and will be directed by David F. Sandberg (who helmed the upcoming horror film Lights Out).

Stay tuned to Daily Dead for more updates on all of these projects, and let us know what you think about a film dedicated to the nun in the comments section below. Are you interested in seeing the backstory of the phantasmal force, or would you prefer to have the nun stay enshrouded in mystery?

http://dailydead.com/new-line-cinema-developing-the-conjuring-2-spinoff-film-the-nun/

14. Chamillionaire

Yeah I'm not watching this by myself. I wanna sleep tonight. :grin:

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I enjoyed the movie but it's overlong and is too similar to a bunch of better movies in the genre.....