1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cowboy_Bebop, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

I just wanted Rhino's armor to be more.. 'organic'.. rather than metal. That's all.

http://imgur.com/40z6aV7

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

would have given it a 4/10 and i feel thats a bit generous. Considering all the build up this movie had - i enjoyed the first one too and thought it was good they were rebooting my favorite superhero more in line with his true personality and not what became with the Maguire movies.

there was just so many gaping plot holes and some really corny sequences I was pretty disappointed. I saw this movie right after game 6 Friday night - in hopes that it would help brighten my mood - it didnt.

i dont know but this scene really bothered me:

Gwen kept telling Parker how she could reset the grid and that he needed her and she knew how to reset the grid. We get to the scene and all it took for her to reset the grid was unlocking the protective plate covering a cliched large pull switch. the keys of course conveniently held aloft by the charred guard that was there. But all she had to do was flip a freaking switch. I dont think it really required much in terms of inside knowledge of the grids workings or oscorp knowledge. I thought she would go in and re-program something - no its a just a big f'n switch

the CGI in the film was really good and the 3d was great as well but thats really as far as I would go with whats good

3. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

and thats why you and your loved ones will die ;)

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

This was possibly the worst movie i have ever seen. The romantic scenes were cringe worthy. How goblin became goblin was idiotic. This was worse than the old batman movies. Unbelievable. I scoff at the people who think these new spiderman movies are better than the raimi ones. They have no heart, and the stories are whack.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed
    Spiderman 2 with Doc Oct is by far the best

Rocket River

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They ruined rhino. He was suppose to be next to the hulk in muscle not some fat slop inside a trex machine. My favorite characters have always been the bad guys. Venom, rhino, the juggernaut b****

7. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

If you are a spiderman fan you should check out Spectacular Spiderman series, it is a better adaptation of the comics than any of the movies.
    [youtube]XLXyoIcKRzA[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  8. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

So I just watched this. How did
    Gwen die? Neck snap?

This movie was all over the place. The ending and GG was cool and I liked the set-up for the 3rd film. What character did Giammati play and who is Felicia? Film was long and I must've not been paying attention at some points :p

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Giammati played THE RHINO
    [​IMG]

Felicia i guess is suppose to end up as black cat
    [​IMG]

Rocket River

10. conquistador#11

enron does one little thing and they clobbered while oscorp industries continues endangering our citizens. You'd think they would shut it down.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Finally got a chance to watch this. 7/10. I really loved some aspects like electro and the action sequences, but i felt that other parts were plugged in and it just didn't flow. Harry Osborne was good but way too rushed. I don't like the Rhino presentation at all. The dad's lab seemed out of place and off somehow. I don't know if it will be more of a factor going forward though

I think it would have been really great if they kept it focused on electro, who was good, and moved along the Osborn angle a little more slowly.

12. Christopher

Christopher Member

Electro was easily the best part of the movie. He felt like an Avengers movie character. Wish they had given him more screen time really. They didn't need Rhino at all.

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/05/0...elf-fired-from-series-by-insulting-sony-chief

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

So Sony will sell the rights back to Marvel?

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Not quite.

Sony agreed to let Marvel use Spider-Man in some of the Marvel movies, but Sony still has the rights to make the solo Spider-Man films. Spider-Man will be in the Marvel universe now, so they'll probably be working together when they make the Spider-Man movies.

Sony gets to keep all of the money from the solo movies which should be bigger with Marvel. Marvel gets their biggest character involved, and they still have rights to all Spider-Man merchandise and cartoons, so making Spidey as popular as possible is in their best interest

As long as Sony bows to Marvels creative choices, which they should do, this will be great for the fans.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sony has an animated Spiderman movie coming out.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I should have specified TV rights.