1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cowboy_Bebop, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think people just flat out like Spider-Man better than most superheroes, so I think TASM2 will do well at the BO.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

last 20 minutes were great, loved how they filmed the stacey ending but man, Garfield is cringeworthy at times and the writing just as bad.

3. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Didn't like the first one. Found it extremely boring. Actually fell asleep while watching.

The trailers for this one look worse.

The problem with superhero movies like these is they are all extremely competent yet only mediocre.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Review, in pros and cons:

Pros:
    - The action sequences were great! They CGI'd Electro to death, but you kinda had to do that with a villain like him.
    - Dane DeHaan was pretty damn good as Harry Osborn / Green Goblin. He was probably the best actor in this movie. And that's pretty sad.
    - Emma Stone. Hnnnnng!! Really digging the blonde.
    - The amount of villains was perfect. Lots of reviews said that there was an oversaturation. Meh - right after dispatching Electro, we get Spidey vs GG in which Gwen dies, and the Rhino as a post-plot device. I'm perfectly fine with that.
    - Emma Stone again. HNNNNNNG!!
    - Felicia (Hardy, most likely) and Rhino being introduced is pretty interesting. Even though Rhino was more of a throwaway villain, it's cool that they're moving towards the Sinister Six in this movie, and not waiting until TASM 3. Because we all know how too many villains bogs down a movie. Cough - Spider Man 3 - cough.

Cons:
    - The movie was way too long.
    - Movie might as well be called "The Amazing Spider-Man: Twilight" because there were way too many romantic scenes. We get it - you guys love each other. It's like the director thought that, since Gwen Stacy won't be back for the third movie, he tried to force the relationship down our throats.
    - There were weird music choices in the scenes with Max Dillon. Didn't really know if I should root for the guy or run away because of his psychosis, and the music didn't help.
    - Two movies in, and there's not much in the way of character introductions. The first movie had too little thrown at us, and the second movie overcompensated for that. The first movie should have been Lizard and a throwaway Sinister Six villain, like Rhino. Second would have been just fine with Electro and GG.
    - I wish they gave Leary some lines. If Peter can envision him there, surely he can envision what Gwen's dad would be saying about his choices so far.
    Spoiler free: The movie was too long, but it's worth it for Emma Stone. Seriously loving the blonde look. Villains were saturated perfectly throughout the movie - GG especially so, because of the huge development that took place in the clock tower. Dane DeHaan was the best actor. Biggest detraction? Too much damn romance. I paid to see superheroes, not superhero angst. Seriously, if most of the romantic scenes were taken out of the movie, that would solve the Twilight conundrum AND the overlong runtime. Two villains with one web.

Great special effects - saw it in regular basic 2D, and I only though IMAX was necessary for like 15 minutes out of the whole movie.

Overall score: 8.25/10 (9/10 if the "two villains with one web" solution came true)

Well, they can't really deviate from the source material, unless you want rabid fanboys to boycott the film. And if you DO deviate, even casual fans like me might notice differences (like if Pepper Potts was a guy, for example) and that alone might turn people off.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Well they pulled a Transcendence with Jarvis in Ironman.

6. moose

moose Member

I thought it was really great!

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Black Cat and Mary Jane coming up

8. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

the scene in the plane with peter's parents really pissed me off with how unrealistic it was. a guy trying to kill you, shoots your wife and you dont spend a second to make sure he's dead? its even expected in movies now that the bad guy suddenly gets up.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

6.5~7 out of 10

Too watered down. . . . Paul Giamati was completely wasted
    All his scenes should have been cut

Rocket River

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

This is probably the best superhero movie since Capt 2. I suggest people go see it.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

My first instinct would be to tend to my loved ones. What the dad did was right - wondering if his wife was still okay / not dying. Sure, it could have only taken a few second to keep wailing on the baddie, but it's just human nature.

I see what you did there. :cool:

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Because it's the only superhero movie out since Captain America 2? :confused:

And I was wondering if that assistant was Felicia Hardy. I remember her being a blonde though. No biggie, just kind of threw me off.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Nvm previous post. Got it lol.

14. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Great movie. I wish they made rhino a cyborg like RoboCop instead of a giant robot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the movie was really long and I do agree with the poster saying Sony was shoving music down our throats

I'm ready for xmen

17. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I liked the first one a lot but wasn't crazy about this one at all. My gf who isn't really into comics loved it. Thought that was interesting and if that was the kind of mainstream general audience thing they were going for.

I keep feeling bad for Electro's origin story. Dude just wanted to have a good birthday.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

I just hope it's not going to be oversaturation-men: DOFP.

There's like 50 characters to give screentime to.

19. SexyButIgnorant

This was pretty bad. Way too long. Weird music choices. Way too many uninteresting plot lines. Way too many characters. Boring. Only thing worth rescuing is the great chemistry between stone and Garfield, and some of the acting.

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I'm surprised so many people liked it. The fight scenes and Gwen's death were done really well, but outside of that it was just a really ****ty movie. Raimi's films were 10x better.