1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cowboy_Bebop, Feb 26, 2013.

1. SexyButIgnorant

I went back and watched the first three Spidermans. The first one aged HORRIBLY. The acting, writing and movie was cringeworthy. Spiderman 2, however, remains a classic. And the third was just bad.

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Trailer's not bad but the first one was so mediocre I'm not sure what to expect. Still consider Raimi's first two as the best Spider Man movies.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

My first reaction to Amazing was why on earth did they repeat half of the first spiderman movie with MacGuire. I felt like I was watching the same movie with a new villian. But it did grow on me over time. And after watching it more I think Garfield was a good cast for the part. I also thought Gwen was well cast. And the Lizard. Garfield more easily made the transition from Parker to the funny Spiderman than MacGuire did. Though I do think MaGuire nailed his role in the first two of the three movies as well.

The Trailer looked weak. I liked the dark brooding villian though. The others didn't get me excited.

Thinking this one will 60% on action alone. The rest be in the direction and acting.

4. Swedish_Rocket

As a spiderman fan, i cant help but feel excited for this one!

5. ILoveWhiteGirls

Electro-Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo

6. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like this new dude as Spiderman, and I like how he is more witty, like the comic and cartoon amazing spiderman

7. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it:

Topher Grace should have been Spider-man.

******* it, I wish Marvel owned the rights to make movies for their flagship character.

X-men, too.

And the Fantastic Four.

8. Swedish_Rocket

New Trailer out today

9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1VkzArhVhIA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyone know the name of the song that was playing at the end? Trying to make a new Rockets mix, sort of a playoff preview. Would really appreciate it.

10. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Anybody seen it yet? The average rating seems to be about 6/10 for most reviews. I hear the action is good, but as I feared, the over saturation of villains doesn't work well.

Sounds like the best version of spiderman on film is still going to be Spectacular Spiderman, which is a great adaptation of the comics.

here is a clip of spidey vs Sinister Six:

[youtube]XLXyoIcKRzA[/youtube]

11. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

I saw it last night and enjoyed it. See it in 3D. The visual effects were awesome in 3D.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Just saw it... it wasn't great, but entertaining.

I guess this new series of Spiderman really tries to be more emotionally engaging than the first. It was a bit anticlimactic for me but I still enjoyed it as a whole. Didn't know there was an x-men clip after the credits though, caught me by surprise.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Honest Trailer for the original Spider-Man trilogy:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KUkdEV9_O_s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

The new broke about that when it was released internationally 2 weeks ago, the comic book nerds thought it was a sign that possibly Fox and Sony would join together with their respective Marvel properties to rival Marvel Universe flicks, but that was a pipe dream....

http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/x-men-days-of-future-past-has-a-clip-after-amazing-spider-man-2/

As for the movie itself, it was good, my expectations were lowered after seeing the RT score barely being fresh at 60%. Thought it was a bit long for 2 1/2 hours, but seems standard now with comic book movies. I just wish they didn't focus so much on setting up the Sinister Six movie.

I do regret not seeing it in 3D, there were some amazing shots that would look good with the additional dimension....

15. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Really good movie.

Got me right in the feels though. :(

16. magman

magman Member

Good movie, could have been great. Visually spectacular, acting was pretty good. Felt unfocused, in a lot of ways felt like Iron Man 2, where the outlook was to the next movie in the franchise, all while letting the existing movie feel like more could have been done to tell a better story.

3d was worth it though, Garfield is a better Spider-man than Maguire.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I been getting mixed reviews on this one
    Will this do as well as Capt America?

Rocket River
    not getting that feeling

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Not as good as Capt. But it's better than Thor.

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Not great but I was entertained. Saw the ending coming a mile away. I'm very excited for the Insidious 6 movie though.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It was horrible. Emma stone was the only thing that made it bearable.