1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Terminator : Salvation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeremiah, May 5, 2008.

1. droxford

droxford Member

Why wouldn't the machines attack Connor with EVERYTHING THEYHAVE once they have his location?

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

To be honest I have no idea, hell why would they got to all the trouble of creating the Marcus hybrid to slowly reel in Connor and yada yada. The scprit on this one is such a mess it's not even funny

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Just because the cycles were first seen by us coming out of the Harvester's legs doesn't mean that they don't patrol on their own. The Hunter Killer deployed from that larger flying transport during the climax of that sequence but we saw them flying around on their own in other places.

I'll give you the communications satellites since that's the only way they should be able to communicate with that Sub, but Connor on his radio is not a problem. It's shortwave, you can broadcast from anywhere in the world and be heard practically all over the world, no communication towers are required.

Marcus is a machine, so they let him pass and then he shut down the security at Skynet which is how Connor got in. Furthermore, they wanted Connor there as it was a trap. So your understanding of what happened was wrong. But I will say this, the whole concept of the trap was extremely stupid as once they had Kyle Reese all they had to do was kill him right away and see if Connor would be erased from existence. Another ACTUAL plot hole would be why the T-600 in LA couldn't tell that Marcus was a machine.

I believe he was hacking into Skynet with his computer in a callback to his hacking of ATMs and doors at Cyberdine in T2.

#163 Oski2005, May 26, 2009
    Last edited: May 26, 2009
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this movies sucked balls man.

I mean, basically it didn't show the aftermath of the apocalypse...and just showed us what we already knew in order to set up future sequels.

Useless movie. And kinda stupid plot-line. And the end was super cheeeesey.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, expecting a decent plot is expecting way too much.

That's what the T series has become, just another action movie.

There's a reason T1 and T2 are timeless hits ya know.

6. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

agreed.. let's start a petition to get james cameron to direct the next one. only he can save the franchise. mcg and michael bay must have graduated from the same school of crapass directing.

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

The Terminator franchise and I are done professionally.

8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The ruined a classic series with T3 and T4.

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Because advanced AIs didn't write the script. All Skynet ever really had to do was send a T-800 to the days immediately following Judgment Day and have it upload all its information to the infant version of itself for an insurmountable technical advantage. If wiping John Connor from existence 20 years earlier wouldn't have irreparably damaged the timeline, then that shouldn't have either.

I hope the next one really gets into the heavy man/machine conflicts. Second Renaissance from the Animatrix had a nice teaser of the concept... something gruesome and horrifying like Saving Private Ryan with robots.

10. Oski2005

Just because the TX was advanced as hell doesn't mean that it can control a current car. First of all, the most obvious hole is that the car doesn't have a wireless receiver connected to any of its computers that could receive instructions from the TX. Second, there aren't computers controlling the steering wheel or the gas and brake pedals.

11. Oski2005

Cameron says for him the story ended with T2.

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Well you might get your wish if McG gets his way and sends a whole battalion of machines - not just T800s but Harvesters and Hunters and more - back in time to wipe out the military I guess pre-judgement day. Course considering it will most definiitely be PG-13 it'll hardly be gruesome and considering the machines were originally only able to send one machine, covered in living tissue, back in time, the story wouldn't make a lick of sense.

13. Oski2005

Everybody is nitpicking plot holes but one of the biggest ones resides in the original 2 movies, the part about not being able to bring back clothes or weapons for some reason even though the Terminators are technically objects like clothes or guns.

14. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

As it should.

Now theoretically he could do a prequel and show the war with the machines leading up to the point where they develop time travel and send them back. But does that story, which is basically what we see in T4 (and it's presumed sequels) need to be told?

15. Oski2005

What's great about ending it there in T2 is not that they saved the world, it's that you don't know.

"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves;" that had been taken away from Sarah and John as their lives were ruled by knowing what the future held. I haven't seen it in a while but I believe in the closing monologue Sarah says something about now being able to be optimistic about the future.

What annoyed me about T3 is that they erased all of that. Remember all the stuff about fate that John talked about in meeting up with Claire Danes again? It was so stupid too, they had one moment in a closet during some make out game and then seeing her again years later somehow meant that they were destined to be together.

16. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Series should obviously have ended with James Cameron, I do agree with that 100%. T3 did have some plot holes, T4's were unreal bad though.

17. tomato

tomato Member

But they are covered with organic tissue

18. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

1. T-1000 is liquid metal and not organic.
    2. Cotton and wool are organic.

19. tomato

tomato Member

Oh yeah, I was just thinking about T-800. I rewatched T1 a few months back and I think they explained it being able to time travel because of its skin.

Anyway, the REAL idiot thing about the whole idea is why not just send 2 Terminators. Send a Terminator the day before, the day after. Send a Terminator back before Sarah Connor was born, send it to kill her grandparents on a farm. Do anything else but send it on the day you're destined to lose, stupid Skynet

20. kikimama

kikimama Member

What!? There was time travel involved in this movie? Way to alienate the new people!