1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Terminator : Salvation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeremiah, May 5, 2008.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lack of skills that made him so awesome as a robot struggling with emotions! Genius

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it was contractual for the franchise..

3. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

And that's why I maintain it's completely average and ordinary. There are moments when I can see the greatness it's trying to achieve. But ultimately the movie as a whole falls so short of that.

4. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

I don't get it too. Seems like everyone here is trying to be a movie critic. :rolleyes: I was a good entertaining movie. I would definitely watch it again...

...and Moon Bloodgood is HOOOOT!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

It was better and more entertaining than Star Trek and the X-men movie.

6. thunderclap

thunderclap Member

Agreed. A whole lot better than Star Trek or Wolverine. In terms of coolness, it's right up there with Dark Knight, Spiderman 2, and Lord of the Rings. T4 stays true to the Terminator mythology. There are lots of allusions to the old movies.

I always wanted to see a Terminators future war movie, and you get that with T4. I can't wait for the sequels. In the next movie, I want to see terminators and humans fighting in a large battlefield with lots of lasers flying around. Man, I wouldn't mind if a big battle like that was the whole movie. True fans of the series will enjoy T4.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not in the same ballpark as Star Trek. Not close...

8. thunderclap

thunderclap Member

I loved T3. That movie was hilarious, and I thought Nick Stahl did a great job playing John Connors.

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

After seeing, I just don't get how this movie is getting such negative feedback. I mean, there were some groan inducing scenes and dialogue, but overall it was a fun big summer action flick. I think the direction, which was the first thing I worried about when I first heard McG was hired, turned out to be the biggest strength of the movie. I was so happy to see that there were no shaky cams and extreme closeups that have plagued so many movies.

I give it a B-

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Star Trek was fantastic and xmen was a pile of ****, so i don't think I will trust your opinion

11. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

All board the Trekky space station. \\// LIVE LONG AND PROSPER :rolleyes:

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Am I a Trekky since I saw this movie and have never watched a previous one or TV show?

13. TheMountainTop

Guys I Grew up watching Terminator and Terminator 2.

Even though the plot line where the son sends his father back in time to bone his mom doesnt make sense the originals were classic. Part two was good cause it had some swell acting by edward furlong and arnold schwarzenegger and that crazy b**** sarah connor.

However I was dissapointed in this new Terminator Salvation. The movie really is as they say a video game without you actually playing the game.

The only real acting job i saw was from the the actor that played Kyle Reese. Other than that everything else was dull.

Christian Bale was more like and xtra than a star.

The whole cyborg idea was weak along from the acting by done by the actor who played Marcus Wright the cyborg.

Not enough terminators!

All in all it felt like the movie was a mixture of I Robot, The Matrix, a little bit of star wars, and whatever else you want to add.

Just my two cents but this movie really dissapointed.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, but you are missing out.

Original series is great.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Saw it yesterday, a real let down. Lots of splosions but nothing much else going on. The script was just horrid which was just a shame since it's got a solid cast and worthington does the best in it. The action was really cool but it got a little tedious after a while because nothing else was going on, you know like character development.

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

17. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

was not better than star trek nor wolverine

but it was good

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I liked it a lot. I honestly don;t know why people ar knocking it so hard. Not as good as Star Trek but WAY better than Wolverine

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

20. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

Moon is gorgeous.

I understand why Christian Bale was so angry making it. I liked it better when it was called Transformers the Movie (animated).

Special Effects were good, but I could care less for the characters.

WE ARE DEAD! WE ARE ALL DEAD!