1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Terminator : Salvation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeremiah, May 5, 2008.

1. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

It's totally the director's fault which is McG. The guy doesn't know how to direct or develop the characters. Fans might love the actions of the film but when you walk out of the theatre you don't care about it that much because you don't feel any connection with 2 dimensional card board cutout characters in the movie.

2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I don't care about connecting to the characters. I want to see a shoot'em up movie with robots killing people and people killing robots, while enjoying popcorn and a slushie.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Tellin y'all man unless James Cameron comes back Terminator as a legit series is done for.

4. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I hope James Cameron doesn't come back. I preferred seeing him doing new stuff.

Terminator should be fine under a proper director(s) not from a crappy music director like McG and that guy who directed T3.

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Agree with you about Cameron.

Haven't seen the movie so I can't comment on the new one but I can't say I'm surprised about the negative buzz. Mostow had decent moments but I think it suffered more from a bad script than a bad director.

6. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

I definitely don't think it deserved all of those bad reviews. I came out very satisfied. It obviously didn't live up to 1 and 2 (nothing really can), but it set up a new setting and new characters that are pretty intriguing. There are endless possibilities for sequels and I can't wait to see what happens next. The action was very satisfying.

The guy who played Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington) was a complete badass and pretty much carried the entire movie. He is the next huge action star, watch out for him. He is starring in Avatar and Clash of the Titans next.

7. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Liked it better than T3.

What bugs me though is for a post-apocalyptic world where machines go around killing everyone, the movie isn't scary at all.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know if this is even related but it's PG-13. WEren't the other ones R rated?

I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know if it really matters or not.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

yeah pretty sure the rest of them are rated R

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'm sure going PG-13 was a conscious decision to bring in more people and boost the box office. On the other hand, there is no gore when you destroy a machine...so fire away while keeping the PG rating. HuMANs, on the other hand, should be shown with robot mites coming out of their mouths and robot worms boring out of their skulls. Oh well. For those who have seen it, there's plenty of violence...right? Would you know walking out you sat through PG-13 gooeyness...or would you think you got a R-rated splattering?

11. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

BAD ASS MOVIE!!!

#91 Luckyazn, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 22, 2009
  12. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

This movie was better than Star Trek and Wolverine

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I remember sitting in the movie last night...wondering why this movie was getting crapped on and wondering why Star Trek had better reviews.

I thought it was sweet.

14. droxford

droxford Member

Here's a deleted scene from the new movie

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BvrdmQh2isA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BvrdmQh2isA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

15. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

It's a pretty solid movie. Just don't go into the movie expecting it to be T1 or T2.

16. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Way better than T3. Pretty solid action piece.

17. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

It is good, like many have said, not up there with T1 or T2, but much better than T3, i like the fact they used the Terminator Music in some of the scenes, and there are a few good references peices to T1 and T2...the end alone is worth the price of admission, wont give out a spoiler but that was Friggin amazing!

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

screw the critics! i'm going to see for myself. it looks like fun. and, they used real robots for the most part instead of CGI.

19. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

saw it last night, it was good, no complaints, I would rank it as high as Star Trek, but thats because I set my expectations low after i heard of the crap reviews its been getting, I've been trusting Joblo.com's review lately and they gave it a 6/10 which is what I'd probably rate the movie more 7/10

20. kona-

kona- Member

It was good, but Star Trek was much better