1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Terminator : Salvation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeremiah, May 5, 2008.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i dont get it at all. trying to get the 16 and under crowd who were BORN when T2 came out and expecting them to go watch T4? I wonder if they had any demographic data on the age and gender of the movies go-ers who saw T3 and made a decision. I tried showing the first terminator movie to a family friend who is 19 and he got bored with it and laughed at the cheesy effects. He said the same with T2.

Thats not to say that there aren't younger folks who like the Terminator movies but I but most of them just know the "I'll be back" sayings rather than the movie itself.

I didnt watch TSC Chronicles on FOX but i wonder if the studios felt maybe the show opened up a new generation of viewers?

I just know last year I went to Universal Studios Hollywood and they had a Terminator 3D show that was opened like 8-9 years ago and most everyone in there that was under the age of 20 didnt really have any idea of what was going on. My cousin who I took was like isnt terminator really old? whats it about?

I dont think I will be paying to see this movie just like I didnt pay to see the last die-hard film

2. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

Bale signed to three Terminator sequels!

We've known for a while that Christian Bale is playing John Connor in McG's now-in-production TERMINATOR film. Early indications suggested Bale would appear throughout a proposed trilogy of films...although nothing seemed set in stone.

Now comes confirmation that Bale has formally signed on to play Connor in three TERMINATOR movies.

"he read the script and he loved it, so he's signed on for all three."

...says producer Victor Kubicek in THIS ARTICLE on BBC's website.

Of course, Bale signing onto TERMINATOR SALVATION doesn't guarantee subsequent films will be made - that'll depend on a variety of factors, primarily (and obviously) box office.

Without Arnie in a (at least substantive)...who knows? Fox's TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES (with principal roles in the TERMINATOR mythos recast) didn't generate stellar ratings...although (thankfully) it'll be back for a second season. Which makes me happy...I liked the series quite a bit.​

3. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I just finished watching the X-Files last season and I'm an even bigger fan of Robert Patrick than before.

Hopefully the movies' producers bring the T-1000 back for a romp.

He's aged pretty well and I'm sure he'd resonate with the audience more than whatever sexed up leather female they can think of to draw the teenage crowd. :rolleyes:

Even a cameo in the Sarah Conner Chronicles would rule! I need to catch up on that shows last couple eps. Not a great show, but still entertaining. Summer Glau is the biggest reason I watch. The speculative sci-fi part is another thing that draws me.

4. nokidding

nokidding Member

Exactly!

5. Jeremiah

6. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080523a.php

Why, why, why, why? I would have been mildly interested if they kept it a straightforward war movie with a whole bunch of terminators thrown into the mix...and they could have focused on Connor and Reese, which would have been an interesting dynamic and could have connected to the first film well. Even then though, it kind of makes the flashback scenes in the first film pointless.

I think Christian Bale's made some pretty good career choices...but signing up for 3 Terminator films with McG at the helm, and no Arnie or Cameron....with this storyline. What is he thinking?

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Though this makes for the perfect setup for Skynet to be the machines in The Matrix...so we all know what it's big secret would be!

8. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Ah crap....

Not that I'd expect anything less from a McG directed movie, but I like Christian Bale and I'd hate to see him be part of a $200 million disaster.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

If they have 3 movies planned wouldn't they have to bring out the earlier rubber skinned terminators first?

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That spoiler should be blown up so no one will watch it.

11. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

TO THIS day im glad star wars ep III was pg-13. can you imagine if it wasnt?

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That rumor can't be real. Its like when Spidey had the webs coming out of his hand instead of the canisters except multiplied by 467,000 in crapiness

13. Jeremiah

According to AICN.com, that 'possible spoiler' is now a confirmed, BIG spoiler.

link

14. LeoneWestern

LeoneWestern Rookie

Yeah, I wasn't too fond of the new die hard movie as well. It would've been better if Mcclane went to Moscow fighting Haan's cousin or something...

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

That spoiler sux...

16. Jeremiah

17. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

The only reason the terminator movies are cool is because of Arnold. I dont care who is in them; if its not Arnold, its just too different. (Unless Christian Bale turns into Batman and destroys all of the robots.)

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I agree. I just don't see the series working without Arnold. Bale is a terrific actor, so maybe he'll carry it off. But PG-13? WTF??

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Didn't they do that because the process by which the web cartridges were made was a little vague?...and i thought at some point in the comics web actually did come from his wrists (maybe i'm just getting mixed up by all the alternate universes and time periods) but i thought there were bigger problems with the Spiderman movies like the guy from that 70s show playing Eddie Brock.

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Two things about Terminator:

1) I think intial it might be kind hard to watch, because no Arnuld is on board. No great one-liners and unintentionally funny quotes, like from Predator (Anna...Get to Da CHOPPA!).

2) To some (not all), it probably is going to seem like a run of the mill post apocalyptic movie that floods video shelves at video store. I think the Terminator movies are hard act to follow, simply because of Arnuld and Cameron. The first two were like the greatest action and scifi movies ever made.

3) At the end, I think it actually be better than T3, which was ok, not the greatest, but loved because of the Governor and some action pieces.