1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Star Wars Episode VII

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by K mf G, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Jouaquin Pheonix could play his part in a made for TV movie of Jake Lloyd...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ENJr98KXs5g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Interesting...

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/star-wars-star-daisy-ridley-says-rogue-one-194509168.html

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I didn't get that at all- just an introverted, intelligent, guarded 20-something that was put through the Hollywood ringer as a kid. It's to be expected that he would lose the baby fat eventually.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He seemed 100% rude to me. He should have just said no to the interview at the very beginning.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yeah he came off as an arrogant douche to me. Oh well no biggie, he was part of what was wrong with Episode I. One of the more forgettable child actors around. Glad he realized his shortcomings and put that life behind him.

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

Maybe the twist is Rey was created through the force. Much like Anakin. Luke couldn't be with the woman he loved bc of the jedi code, so he just force sexed her to create life.

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Well i guess that sounds a lot like rape...

8. i3artow i3aller

9. i3artow i3aller

Throwback Thursday
    [​IMG]

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Seeing that photo of Harrison Ford reminds me of how difficult it is to cast Solo in the...solo..movie.

Harrison was 35 in ANH, but even young Harrison looked like a grown ass man. If they cast some 21 year old boy, it just won't feel right.

Harrison in high school
    [​IMG]

The 3 rumored guys look nothing like Harrison Ford and im sorry but you can't do Han Solo and just ask us to forget what he looked like originally.

There is that guy Anthony Ingruber who played young Harrison Ford in 'The Age of Adaline' and he did an amazing job. Looked him up, hes got impressions on his youtube account, but after a bit, it got old. It just feels like an impression. The facial expressions are all very over exaggerated because it is an impression and it doesn't come natural, so the performance doesn't feel natural. Right now the internet is raging for Ingruber to be cast as Han, but i'm not so sure about that.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

So Star Wars related stuff:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/chewscript?src=hash">#chewscript</a> 027 Obi-wan lives through his fight with Vader. Check it out. <a href="https://twitter.com/starwars">@starwars</a> <a href="https://t.co/Mrt7SaT3Qc">pic.twitter.com/Mrt7SaT3Qc</a></p>&mdash; Peter Mayhew (@TheWookieeRoars) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheWookieeRoars/status/720117645673119744">April 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-04-15/original-star-wars-script-reveals-obi-wan-kenobi-wasnt-supposed-to-die

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Just curious... why the hell does it matter if Han or Greedo shot first??? How did it become such a "thing?"

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

George Lucas felt it was immoral for Han to shoot first (Lucas is a big gun ban guy) so he retroactively changed it. Fans felt it was out of character for Han, to wait to be shot at before firing. This was the final straw for star wars fans who were fed up with Lucas constantly changing his movies (Adding new CGI, trying to prevent the originals form being seen, etc...).

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

All of the Lucas bashing reminds me of a Johnny Cash lyric. "They want the kingdom but they don't want God in it."

15. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Once Lucas gained some ground, he changed the rules of the game after the fact. I don't hate Lucas, but I prefer all the originals.

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I don't dislike him for making those terrible originals...he's old and jumped the shark...happens to most. And while I detest those movies, I know a younger generation enjoys them. I dislike him for mucking up the originals with his terrible CGI additions that just muddy up scenes and changing up some stuff...but even that would be forgivable if he would have allowed us (the public who made him rich beyond imagination) to at least be able to own copies of the movies the way they were when we watched them as kids.

He was right to sell the franchise and put it in the hands of people who could breathe new life into it...so far, so good.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

And that comparison reminds me of a Mad TV skit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_iSQ65ZDAE

18. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Around 10 years ago there were DVDs that were sold of the original uncut theatrical versions. I think you could only get them at Walmart. Other than the Laser Discs, they are the only other way to watch the original cuts in digital media. While they don't look as great as Blu Ray, they do have the full Dolby Digital THX experience. I think you can buy a set for $150 or so on eBay.

19. codell

codell Contributing Member

#1959 codell, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

:confused: You are one weird dude, codell. Greedo and who exactly?