1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Source Code

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Apr 3, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Did anyone else catch Source Code this weekend? I thought it was extremely well done by the Moon director Duncan Jones. You guys should check it out!

2. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I don't know if I can buy Jake Gyllenhall as an action hero type. He seems too namby-pamby.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Last I checked the ratings for this movie were awesome.

4. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Yeah I had my doubts on him entering the film. He does a really great job in this film.

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I didn't think it looked worth watching in the theater from it's trailers, but it's getting really good reviews. I'll probably check it out.

So do you compare it to Groundhog Day meets Quantum Leap?

6. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Yeah it actually got a round of applause at the end.

7. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Definitely reminded me of Groundhog Day. I entered the movie with somewhat modest expectations, but Gyllenhall puts up a great performance on top of a awesome movie.

8. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

the premise totally reminds me of that denzel film... *wikipedia's the film* ...De JaVu

anyone seen both and can tell me how similar these 2 are?

9. magman

magman Member

I really liked the movie, the story kept moving forward without slowing down, and was really interesting.

One question though
    How did they get the memories of Sean to put Colter's mind in it, and how is it possible that that memory or the memory of all the people had the information of the location of the bomb?

Either way I liked the movie.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

There hasn't been a good time travel movie since Back to the Future III... If this one is good, then I will be happy...

11. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I loved Moon and will be checking this one out later tonight. Its getting a lot of good reviews. I'm excited.

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Definitely wanna check it out now that it's gotten great reviews...Hannah also has me intrigued.

13. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Great movie...my mind was twisted like a pretzel for a while

14. SunsRocketsfan

15. SunsRocketsfan

My thoughts exactly. Posted this on the original thread. Looks like dejavu

meh looks like a rental when it hits netflix or redbox..

Looks kinda crappy

Always trying to rescue the attractive lady.. How about all the other people? Would he still want to rescue her if she was fat and ugly?

Already been mentioned but this movie has the exact same plot as
    Deja Vu!! I mean its not close but it appears to be exactly the same!!!!

1) You have a hero/officer of some sort
    2) Some sort of sci-fi machine that makes no sense and is never explained
    2a) in Deja Vu its some sort of time portal thing that allows you to view the past 8 hours or some crap like that
    2b) in this movie it's some sort of machine that lets you view the last 8 mins of someones life
    3) A terrorist plants a bomb somewhere and blows a crap load of people up.
    3a) Deja Vu they blow up a Ferry/Boat
    3b) This movie they apparently blow up a Train
    4) Race against time to catch the guy so he wont target more innocent civilians and BLOW something else up
    5) Hero falls in love with HOT PRETTY GIRL from PAST
    6) Hero wants chance to save her and makes it his sole mission
    7) Scientists tell hero it wont work and you cant change the past/destiny
    8) Hero doesn't listen and wants to try anyways
    9 Hero saves the girl and they fall in love and its a happy ending (no clue if this movie ends that way but most likely it ends the same way as Deja Vu with the girl surviving.)

no thanks i'll pass

16. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

have you seen both films? deja vu received 56% (rotten) ... cant be exactly alike...

17. Wakko67

Now while not technically time movies, do you consider Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or The Jacket to fall in that category? Those were both good movies.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I don't. I loved Eternal Sunshine, and I saw that more as a rehashing events kind of movie. Maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but I just feel like a lot of time travel movies either have a poor premise or a series of plot holes.

Deja Vu was just garbage to me. I really hated it...

19. T Rex

T Rex Contributing Member

If you're a fan of time travel, this movie is a MUST. It's incredibly well done. It's like Groundhog Day meets Quantum Leap with some aspects of the Matrix and Avatar thrown in. Good storyline and good acting across the board. I was talking with my brother about this movie for a good hour after leaving the theater as it really gets you thinking. Definitely recommended.

#19 T Rex, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  20. Wakko67

I can see that about Eternal Sunshine, but this is similar storywise without getting into spoilers of course. What about 12 Monkeys? That one was solid as was Groundhog Day. I feel a little shamed for saying this, but even Butterfly Effect was interesting to me. Just to be clear, Ashton Kutcher annoys me, but I enjoyed that one. I always love movies relating to time. Now, Timecop not so much.

I just got back from the theater and really enjoyed the movie. Duncan Jones is quickly becoming one of my favorite directors. Like Moon, it got me thinking after it was done. I saw some of it coming, but the ride was great and the story never got boring. I was also curious as I figured it to end before it actually did. Good performances as well, the girl on the train was particularly charming.

Anyway I highly recommend it.