1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Movie Scenes That Left You Puzzled

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Mar 11, 2006.

1. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

***Running Scared Spoilers***

In Running Scared, I have no idea why Paul Walker's character *had* to get the gun back. If he's undercover and in trouble, why not just call it off and leave? Also, why at the end of the movie was he hell bent on getting home after he was shot? Why not call an ambulance from the diner? The kid was safe by then.

2. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

What about that scene in Snakes On A Plane? I mean, there were snakes, on a plane. How freaky is that? :eek:

3. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Mulholland Drive : OK, practically the whole movie left me puzzled.
    Raiders of the Lost Ark : the scene were the germans board the ship to take the ark and Indiana has to hide in order not to be captured. Next scene he's spotted on top of a submarine heading for some island. Are you telling me the sub never goes underwater for the whole trip to whatever island they go to.
    Jaws : Why didn't they get a bigger boat?
    Halloween : How does Michael Meyers know how to drive a car being in confinement since he was 6 or 7 years old.

4. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Donnie Darko is pretty confusing. Going to have to watch that one again.

5. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Not really puzzling. They could've spent time explaining it, but there was no real reason to (which is probably why the scene was cut showing Indy lashing himself to the periscope with his whip).

6. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

in Titanic why did Rose let him go.

in King Kong why did he have trouble on the Icy Streets of NYC when he was going ape Sh** on white people? are they trying to say black people can't play hockey??

7. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

agreed, but the one big question mark, is what's the deal with the two guys at the diner, they walk out and around to the dumpster and then something jumps out and i guess the old man dies.

what's that have to do with the movie? were those guys even in the credits?

also Eraserhead does this movie have a point?

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Because he was dead.

WHAT? :confused: ...that quesiton has left me puzzled.

9. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

in King Kong why did he have trouble on the Icy Streets of NYC when he was going ape Sh** on white people? are they trying to say black people can't play hockey??[/QUOTE]

LOL! :D :)

10. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

How come in Blade, Blade 2, AND Blade: Trinity blade's sunglasses never break or come off when he gets hit in the face???

11. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

The Shinning.

The scene at the end when the wife is running for her life and she starts seeing the spectors, well in one room she sees some guy fellating some other guy and one of them is wearing a dog costume.

Oh and at the very end when the camera does that long dolly zoom down the Hotel hall and finishes on a picture of the guests from way back in 1920 and Jack Nicholson is in the middle.

All this was too much for my 12 year old mind when I saw it with my mom at some Kurbirck retrospect. As I got older I realized what the last shot meant. But that fallatio shot is still puzzling.

12. percicles

Mulholland Drive is a dream in reverse.

...and earaserhead is about fatherhood.

I can't nor will I try to explain Lost Highway.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What the f**k is that suppose to mean
    What the h*ll does King Kong have to do with black People?
    This is by far one of the most offensive peices of sh*T I have seen here
    and I have seen alot of bullsh*t

:mad:

Rocket River
    I guess you got a sambo doll to sell too
    :mad:

14. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

He's too busy turning in his friend to the cops to explain that comment to you.

15. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

they are made of adamantium.

16. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

WARNING: STAR WARS GEEK ALERT

Who said he didn't? By that time his mind was very twisted. Vader was always conflicted and confused. He thought he was the chosen one and wanted to rule the galaxy early on. Vader had has own plans for Luke to join him and overthrow the Emperor (since he was no longer powerful enough to do it himself after becoming more machine than man, he couldn't handle force lightning etc.). Yet Vader also still had some loyalty to Sidious in his mangled mind.

17. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

The end of Broken Flowers? Anyone??

PS, see the movie if you love watching Bill Murray sitting on a couch staring into nothing for 10 minutes at a time....

18. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Fellatio part - read the book. It's the building showing scenes from past times in the hotel.

At the end, you realize that the hotel is endlessly repeating the cycle of violence. This is a great explanation of all the cool things in that movie. Kubrick's finest - IMO.

19. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

it is rather clear that the movie was clearly attempting to portray african americans with the ape.

1-he was found on an island full of "savages" in american history, even during that time, 1914-1925 africans were portrayed as "savages"
    2-he was dragged back to america in chains. were slaves not chained up and dragged back here?
    3-he was put up in display at the profit of Denham, a white man. slaves were sold for a profit, and who gets the profit? whites.
    4-one of the shipmates was reading "Heart of Darkness" on the Ventura. the book, in many aspects was similar to King Kong, a small group travelling further into the unknown, and fighting "brutes".
    5-Kong was immensely powerful, one of the common view of Africans at the time was that they are very physcially gifted, but not so much otherwise. In Native Son, Bigger killed the girl accidently, a sign of his brute strength but lack of ability to solve the problem.
    6-Kong's love of a white woman was also viewed as a common aspect of africans at the time. in Why did the caged bird sing, it was mentioned that a black man was killed after a white woman was raped, it never clarified if he did or not, but the fact that it was automatically assumed he committed the crime, shows what the general view on the black race was.

Theres many more..

20. percicles

R.R. Xeno is right. Thoug I can't comment on what in his heart of hearts I can corroborate his claim. There have been many film historians/theorists that have postulated the King Kong icon as a metaphor for black men. The majority of these texts deal specifically with the original version though. I can't provide you with any links coz film journals don't provide free access. But if your ever in the Library look up back issues of Film Comment or Cineste. If you can read french then look up Cashiers du Cinema,