1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MOVIE] Quarantine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by candycane, Oct 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. candycane

candycane Contributing Member

Has anyone seen Quarantine? Do you recommend it? If not, is there another "scary" movie out that you would suggest I see instead?

2. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I liked it, but I am a Jennifer Carpenter fan because of "Dexter".

It's certainly makes my list of the best zombie movies I've seen.

3. JD2010

JD2010 Member

Eagle Eye was better.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Didn't know Eagle eye was a scary movie

5. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I liked Cloverfield and this has a similar approach to it but I'll wait for the weekend to catch it. Also I would like to say that no movie has created fear, panic lately like what 28 days Later did back when I first saw it in theaters. I am legend took a page straight out of that movie but failed to heightened the tension of living in abandoned city.

6. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

That isn't a glowing endorsement.

7. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

I am Legend (and Omega Man, for that matter) was based on the book of the same name (I am Legend by Richard Matheson), and wasn't supposed to be about fear like 28 days later was; it was about the isolation.

8. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

this movie is a remake of [REC]. not sure how this will measure up against the original, but the original was definitely excellent stuff.

9. yobod

yobod Member

I saw this on opening night, and thought it was awesome. Definitely worth catching it in the theaters, for sure. It kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time, and the reactions of the people were pretty accurate if something like this were to actually occur.

And to whoever said Eagle Eye was better, NO WAY!!! That movie was TERRIBLE. Not only was it a pathetic ripoff of iRobot, Terminator, and every other robots/artificial intelligence will be the end of us all type movie, but it was MORE predictable than any of those other ones. Not to mention it had Shia LaDouche, which is a MAJOR detractor.

Of course, this is all just my opinion.

10. JD2010

JD2010 Member

It's not but I didn't like Quarantine.

11. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I don't really have anything much to add other than this movie interests me as well, but only because I really dig zombie movies. The trailers didn't really do all that much for me though. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised when it hits the dollar movies in two weeks or so.

There was a pretty good zombie movie that was released straight to dvd not too long ago ... flight of the dead. Though that was a little more comedy than scary, I still enjoyed it.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

So if I enjoyed 28 Days and the sequel, I'd enjoy this??

13. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I saw it this afternoon. The camera movement gave me a headache, but it was a good enough movie to have many tense moments. Got some good reviews on RottenTomatoes.

14. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

yes you will. the acting was descent, but the scares are definitely there and it is something you would want to see on a bigger screen with other folks. doesn't have the grimmy feel and you don't get as attached to the characters as with 28 days later. thinking about quarantine over again, it seems like everything the original resident evil movie should have been (those three that came out were ridiculous).

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Have you guys seen REC? It's the original one and I thought it was very good. Have not seen the remake yet. By the way, the original came out about one year before the remake. Hollywood couldn't even wait to get their version of this movie out.

[​IMG]

16. candycane

candycane Contributing Member

I really enjoyed 28 days later and the sequel so I'm going to give this one a shot. I prefer psychological horror films and it sounds like this one is just that. I'll post a review after I check it out.

17. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I had heard about it but forgot about it. Maybe I'll check it out sometime if it's easily available. I usually pass on foreign speaking movies, but a worthwhile spanish movie I can check out to help with my comprehension. Better than a swoly scolding.

I don't mind them remaking foreign stuff as long as it's quality.

18. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

A couple of questions for those who have seen it:

*Why didn't the rabid people go after each other? Wouldn't they have eventually killed each other off, leaving maybe one or two standing?

*The mutant in the attic. Wasn't there a part where the landlord talked about someone living in the attic, but hadn't seen him in awhile? So was his rent deducted from his bank each month?

19. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I hope this answers your questions

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

im going to go see it friday

hope it scares the bejesus out of me