1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] PROMETHEUS

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cowboy_Bebop, Nov 26, 2011.

1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The Alien ship I believe had it's own atmosphere creating breathable air...now how that works when they get into space I have no idea. But considering we spawned from the aliens and the aliens breathe oxygen, I think you can assume she would be ok aboard the ship. As for food. She probably scrambled to take what few provisions were left and then otherwise wasn't thinking that far ahead. Honestly I don't think she cared to much at that point whether she lived or died, as long as she could find some answers. She probably didn't put David back together, but he merely gave her directions on how to fly the ship.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

the reasons and things i liked the movie outweigh the reasons i didnt. resulting in me liking it a hell of a lot more then my example transformers.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I loved Prometheus. I know it's a highly divisive movie, and I completely understand the problems people had with it.

It answered very few questions while raising many. It wasn't truly clear whether it was a prequel or just an Alien spin-off. Not to mention there were many dumb moments and plot holes, with some bad character development.

All that said, it was a visual feast and highly entertaining, while giving a great background for a sequel or sequels to come. It could have been one of the better movies of our generation, but it definitely fell short, but not short enough in my opinion to where it was a bad movie.

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

This didn't show me anything I didn't understand when I first watched the movie. I thought it was a bad movie. With many plotholes, very predicatble and terrible character development. I couldn't care less if the woman died in the movie.

The setting was cool, but everything else was terrible.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Just watched this.

Best movie of the century.

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

You are being sarcastic right?

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Maybe it's because I didn't enjoy the original Alien here, but I thought this movie was fantastic. Best Sci-Fi movie in a while. Some of you are looking too much for answers based off its relation to the first Alien movie, but should view it as just a standalone movie. Those looking for plot holes are just nitpicking. I like the atmosphere, those awesome looking Engineers, among other things. 9/10. Did not disappoint like DKR did.

8. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

That's where I stopped reading.

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

I had it deleted off my laptop after the first viewing lol it was nothing special to me, many of you guys are just nostalgic to that movie. Blade Runner too is overrated, I can't count how many times I've tried to watch that movie without falling asleep. To this day i haven't even seen it in its entirety.

10. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Tut-tut... first you blasphemed Alien, now this sacrilege. I admit Blade Runner can seem boring the first time, but the movie draws you in like a powerful artwork. Give it another go when you're not tired or busy.

I remember a few winter back when I fired up the projector. There was cold rain falling like sheets of glass on my windows, downtown Houston at night as my vista, and the massive sub-woofer kicking in to Vangelis's haunting score. That was some experience. :eek:

My favorite scene from that movie:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZTzA_xesrL8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This. Everyone white was r****ded and the ones who weren't stayed on the ship.

This ventured into derivative horror movie pretty fast minus the gratuitous nudity and human eye candy.

Worst movie of the century

12. PanchoVilla3504

You must not have seen very many movies.

I enjoyed the movie, was disappointed right after I left the theater but my expectations were really high for this movie.

13. 713

713 Member

I told Cowboy_Bepop this movie was terribad but he was delisional and thought this was a gamechanger...smh

14. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

I just watched blade runner for the first time and I still don’t really understand it and didn’t like it my first time around. I might watch it again later.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yes, sadly. I couldn't even watch the whole thing. Skipped parts of the middle and went straight to the end.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've watched many movies and stand by my internet edict.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RBaKqOMGPWc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

ok commodore that was pretty epic actually haha

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I pity you.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

bro humans don't have hive minds... People can love this movie, get over it.