1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Movie] Out of the Furnace

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Aug 10, 2013.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Limited release in November, worldwide release in December. Produced by Ridley Scott and Leonardo DiCaprio. It stars Christian Bale so that should be enough draw in itself but the trailer does look good. And of course Woody Harrelson is always a plus.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Gw0qH34cbRE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

This movie was downright dark from beginning to end. Everyone was good especially Woody Harrelson. Ending scene had me scratching my head a bit but it was a solid movie either way.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I hope the soundtrack was better than the trailer music, which sounded like some sort of Creedish nonsense.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Liked it a lot, but didn't love it. Christian Bale is good, but as mrm32 said, Harrelson is the man. He killed it.

5. ILoveWhiteGirls

The last drama I saw in theaters is Prisoners, I think it safe to say this movie won't be better than that but I might catch this though.

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Mahwah, Ramapough Indian Officials Blast New Movie For ‘Stereotypical’ Portrayal Of Tribe

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

great performances all around, especially Willem Dafoe that hasn't been mentioned

but....

the story felt generic, if it had no named actors, it would have not got any attention

8. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I was going to watch this earlier but then I looked up the reviews and decided to pass on it. Kinda sad to see you all enjoyed it. O well Ill prob wait for it to come out on DVD since Im watching Madea Christmas next weekend.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Follow your gut, kid. Professional film critics are out of touch with mainstream consciousness as they see all sorts of nitpicks that we never pick up on.

10. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

loved this movie, dave. plot is definitely generic, but simplicity is great if you have good storytellers and actors. was shot beautifully. definitely a downer. part of me wanted backstory on harrelson's character, but the other part did't want to know... just wishing that there was some sort of method to his madness.

can't remember if it was here on the board or twitter, but didn't you have a similar critique of "mud"?