1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] "Ocean's 11" Reboot - All female cast

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Mind blown...

Jontro likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The reported production budget was only 70 mil so it has a real chance of not being a bomb no matter how bad the movie is.....they seem to have learned the lesson from the Ghostbusters all female reboot. If you want to do something like this, have a super small budget so that you don't lose too much money.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

71% now, so it has dropped 8% in 4 hours?

Sounds like the initial reviews were shills. Sad to see political hack commentators with some vested interest in movies now.

butterball likes this.
  5. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I actually re-watched all three recently.

11 is definitely good.
    12 definitely sucks.
    And I actually like 13 quite a bit as well. It has the ratcheted-up ridiculousness factor of the 2nd movie, but with an infinitely more focused plot. Not saying 13 is some kinda gift to cinema, but it's fun.

So who knows, maybe my standards for heist movies are just low, and I'll like this spin-off.

Sajan and Kim like this.
  6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

There were scenes in 13 that I enjoyed, but then there were many parts that were so stupid/ridiculous that it was to me like watching Damon and Clooney doing bits on Jimmy Kimmel or SNL. I thought 11 was clever enough (like having Brad Pitt eating in every scene) with the bits without being so over the top that I can't suspend disbelief.

Drexlerfan22 likes this.
  7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Fwiw, I loved 11 and 13, 12 was just a major disappointment after loving 11 so much

Saw this last night, enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It's a nice homage to the rebooted trilogy, along with having their own thing going. Thought the location being in NY had a new element to it, while most of the crew had their own spin-off of Clooney's gang. Nice cameos from the some of the Soderbergh crew that didn't take away from this gang.

I'd rank it 11,13,8..........12

8. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yeah, I think we're definitely on the same page.

Of the three, the first is definitely the best to just sit down and watch; just seeing the first 10 minutes I was like "I forgot how entertaining this actually was". But, 13 is as good or maybe even better to have on in the background and halfway ignore while I'm doing something else (like videogames)... because it's more brain-dead, louder, more obnoxious, more ridiculous. So you look up every once in awhile and have a good laugh.

I still can't fathom what their thought process was on 12. It felt like "Euro vacation with the Ocean's gang". Even when I was only half paying attention, it was appallingly dull.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Watch Ocean's 8 yesterday, it was better than expected but Bullock's character doens't really stand out or match Clooney's Danny Ocean.

It's a solid heist film with a solid cast, good but not great......

10. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Really enjoyed it. Can stand on its own even without the prequels.

In some aspects, I actually like it more (pacing seemed better) .

GRENDEL likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

68 percent on RT

6.3 on IMDB currently

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Saw this over the weekend and it was entertaining. Did it blow my mind? Nope not at all. There was some callbacks to the original trilogy but nothing that was an obvious pander or anything. There was some slight changes in terms of the heist portion that didn't follow the "formula" from the first 3. I guess for me the perfect way to describe is that I didn't feel I wasted my money by seeing it in the theaters, but at the same time if I waited for it to come out on blu-ray to watch at home I would be just as satisfied in doing so.

Sandra Bullock though man...she seems to just get better with age. Like wow she looked great in this movie.

I did re-watch the original 3 after watching this (well i had it in the background at home when doing chores and work) and one thing I really forgot about Oceans 13 that I disliked was that it had an orange tint throughout the movie. There was this big blue/orange tint crazy in Hollywood several years ago and this movie fell victim to that. It was over the top bad in Oceans 13.