1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Marvel's Ant-Man

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 3, 2013.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They're making it sound like he was one of the "original" superheroes. Like, Cap was the first Avenger. I don't know how they're going to make it work though, because they made it seem like the Avengers were the first heroes anyone was aware of then the floodgates basically opened. Maybe he'll have been kind of a secret agent type thing, I mean if you can shrink yourself that small it's not like a lot of people will see you in action to begin with.

I try not to get too wrapped up in those aspects since I know they have to make them work somehow. I do wish that he was Ultron's creator though, it added so much conflict for the character in the cartoons etc.

On the other side, I kind of like that Tony created Ultron now and that will directly put him at odds with the other Avengers, of course leading to Cap 3 / Civil War. Considering Iron Man is what kicked this whole thing off, it's going to be amazing seeing him as a "villain". I really can't wait for that.

#101 seclusion, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i think im almost ready to skip all these movies from this point on and watch them all at the same time when infinity gauntlet comes out. im somewhat tiring of them and i can give it a few years.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

In the comics, if Ultron's creation were the premise to Civil War, it'd be Iron Man that took it the hardest, he'd be the one wanting all heroes to go under close surveillance and regulation.

It's Captain America that thinks that would be infringing on his freedom (Captain America 2 all over again).

I don't think the Avengers are going to be mad at Stark for trying to help by inadvertently creating Ultron, I think it's Stark that's crushed, basically turning on himself and everyone else in the process.

Then you have another super powered individual in Winter Soldier who Captain America I assume would want to protect, responsible for the death of Stark's father.

There isn't really a "villain". Iron Man is being labeled as the villain... that's assuming you back Captain America because he's wear red, white and blue. Iron Man is just wanting to protect humanity in a genuine way, not a Hydra way.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

That's why I put quotes around villain, sir. :)
    Obviously Iron Man isn't the protagonist of a movie called Captain America: Civil War.

Like you said, I'm guessing Stark wants Winter Soldier dead and Rogers isn't going to have any of that. Then there's the aftermath of the whole Ultron thing. This stuff and whatever else comes up in AoU will pit them at odds with each other, and that's what I'm wanting to see.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's weird, Ultron isn't even out yet and everyone is losing their minds over Civil War, a movie we didn't even know would exist as that story until about 6 weeks ago. Pretty cool though.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I really liked the Civil War story line (I know most people didn't), but I just found it interesting. Seeing it play out in a movie, will be awesome. It was the same thing for Winter Soldier (that was my favorite Cap story line), when I saw the title I was really shocked / excited. Same deal here.

Marvel has really been nailing every one of my favorite story lines when picking their movies (Infinity Gauntlet saga, etc).

Honestly one of the movies I'm most excited to see isn't even a Marvel movie. I'm really jacked that the Deadpool movie finally got off the ground, and despite Green Lantern being awful Ryan Reynolds is definitely the perfect guy for that character. (I'm also skeptical, but optimistic about Fantastic Four because Josh Trank nailed Chronicle)

It's just a really good time to like these movies / comics.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It wasn't the Civil War concept I didn't like, it was the execution of the story. The setup was great, but the rest of it was hackneyed. I just didn't buy that so many heroes would go to the side of the government, which meant taking away freedoms.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Looks like a typical template for any superhero movie. Amazing how many of these get made.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Trailer missed the boat. This could be a flopper. I like the idea of the Heist. But only Douglas shined in the trailer.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Warning, potential spoilers:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bV_rTzkFoa8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The trailer didn't really show enough of anything for me to judge it. I never would have seen guardians of the Galaxy based on any of the trailers because I'd never heard of them and it looked stupid. Turned out to be quite good. Same could be said of this one potentially.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I've never seen so many shots of people just walking around in a trailer. LOL. Maybe in a merchant-ivory production or some such.

Seriously, watch the trailer on mute. It's hilarious.

Watch dude walk.
    Now this other dude will walk.
    This dude too.
    A woman can also walk.
    But the first dude has not yet begun to walk.
    So too the second dude continues a righteous walk.

13. VanityHalfBlack

Just like Guardians of the Galaxy, I will go into this movie completely blind not knowing anything about the source material. I like how Ant-Man can morph into an ant while Spider-Man has spider like sensibilities but that's it. He can't morph into a tiny spider which would probably help in some cases. I also think Spider-Man might just be the greatest Super-hero of all time. Seclusion, what is your favorite Spider-Man moment/story based?

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Maximum carnage and the origin story for venom (or the alien suit in general). Sam Raimi completely ****ed half of that for us, so he can definitely be thanked there.

I read an article where he said he isn't happy with how it turned out, and he apparently didn't believe in the characters. So he basically admits he was just going through the motions on the last movie. While I generally like Sam Raimi and the movies he makes, that kind of pisses me off.

I'm not a director or anything, but if I was I definitely wouldn't **** on the third film of a trilogy that had done so well up to that point. Not to mention a character as beloved as Spiderman.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree, it's a great concept but the actual story fell short for me. I think the movie will handle it in a much more believable way. That's why I'm so excited for it. Civil War done right.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Cool concept art...the second is the bad guy in the movie Yellowjacket. (played by Darren Cross of House of Cards)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

While I love Marvel, their toy line has officially jumped the shark.

[​IMG]

18. magman

magman Member

New trailer is much better, imo. Ready to see this.

[youtube]pWdKf3MneyI[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  19. Sammo0

Sammo0 Member

much better trailer than the last one, i think them showing yellow jacket in suit helped. i still forget that this movie is also right around the corner. cant wait

1 person likes this.
  20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

has a comedic feel to the movie...reminds me of Tobey Maguire Spiderman movies...;(