1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Jordan Peele’s NOPE

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Feb 13, 2022.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Peele is like Shyamalan because they have a "gimmick" that is similar. Peele brings in social commentary and other esoteric stuff that Shyamalan doesn't. The complaints are weird to me because we all know what we're getting when we go to their movies. I thought the commentary in Nope wasn't as important as it was in his other movies. Nope didn't seem as deep. The production quality and all of that stuff was top notch. Peele's talent is still apparent.

STR8Thugg, Blatz and Jontro like this.
  2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

No exaggeration.. That was the worst movie I've ever seen in a theater. I said " wtf am I watching" at least 4 times before the big horrendous conclusion..

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

will not watch. can spoiler bracket the plot and ending for the brehs?

4. dmoneybangbang

First Peele movie..... it was very meh and I didn't really get it.

javal_lon likes this.
  5. omgTHEpotential

I'm not a big movie guy, but based on the comments it seems the movie stinks. Wish Peele would come back to comedy skits, but he probably got bored of being a clown. Those Key&Peele skits to me are even better than The Chappelle's Show.

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Dude I can't explain wtf i witnessed .. but I'll give it a shot!

Black male rancher and his sister tries to keep father's business running ( think they rented out horses for circuses and shows) after his father mysteriously dies at night by being struck by something out the sky.. They see those same lights in the sky and noises for damn near half the movie.. They buy motion cameras around the house.. The salesperson someway is interested so he keeps tabs on it from his workplace monitors ( don't know why he interested cause the ranchers ain't tell him ****)... In true Jordan Peele style, he has scene interjections that have nothing to do with the plot, though I'm sure some warped twisted viewer can point it out somehow... Dumb ass spaceshiip appears and just hovers over people, sucking them up... Instead of alerting authorities, the ranchers contact a old grumpy reality TV director to set up to record it...Worked but director wants the perfect shot so he voluntarily gets sucked up while holding the camera... So they get nothing out of it... Now they wanna kill it( well the daughter does anyway).. She kills it by..... now this the most pathetic scene of the movie... By having it swallow a giant balloon full of helium and it explodes... Movie goes off soon thereafter

Duncan McDonuts and Jontro like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

wtf did i just read? lelz.

thanks breh. saved me 2 hours. what was in the post credit?

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Me leaving as fast as possible

9. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I liked this.

The monkey scenes were hella creepy.

The pacing was a little weird. First hour was very deliberate. Second hour was a sprint. Overall, I liked the characters and thought the story was original enough.

10. TimDuncanDonaut

Wasn't a fan of the monster design, but enjoyed some of the acting.

11. Buck Turgidson

"Comedy skit clown" you say?

Xerobull likes this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Finally got around to watching this on Peackock. I liked it. I didn’t see the point of the monkey scenes outside a hamfisted attempt to give the human ‘antagonist’ a sympathetic backstory, which was sort of wasted.

Cool twist, would have been nice to see more backstory on the nope.

Not a waste of 2 hours.

STR8Thugg and boomboom like this.
  13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The monkey backstory was obviously a parallel of man's hubris that he can control nature. If you didn't like spending 45 minutes on that parallel that ultimately had no relevance to the main plot, then you just didn't get it and are a dumb racist for criticizing the goat Jordan Peele.

STR8Thugg, boomboom and Xerobull like this.
  14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Tbh I wasn’t even looking for that sort of depth in an action/sci-fi/horror movie. It makes a lot more sense now. Sorry for being racist.

STR8Thugg and Duncan McDonuts like this.