1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie]Jet Li's Last Kung Fu Flick: Fearless

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gucci888, Jan 16, 2006.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Member

2. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Member

his last one?? i thought hero was gona be his last one...
    anyways, the story looks a lot like bruce lee's chinese connection, which was redone by jet li aready in fist of legend, this better be good tho.

#2 Xenochimera, Jan 16, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

I can't imagine liking it better than Unleashed. Very underrated movie, in my opinion.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Jet Li also said a while back that he wasn't going to do anymore wire-fu in his movies, but he always does.

Maybe this one really will be his last.

5. gucci888

gucci888 Member

Never saw Unleashed. How was it? Worth renting?

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

I swear to G... At first I thought it read FLICK as something else... swear to G... "Jet Li is in pr0n Movies???!?!?!"

7. macalu

macalu Member

really? i thought it was boring.

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Member

Hey it's NATHAN JONES :p

he was very underrated in WWE but had an injury bug, but was one hell of a wrestler.

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Member

Saw this last night. And it was pretty damn good. Sucks that this is his last asian martial arts flick. There were plenty of incredible fight scenes and the second half of the film did an excellent job of bringing the whole story full circle. Of similar films to come out in recent years, I'd say its better than Hero (story just didn't play out like I thought) and Crouching Tiger (which was long and slow at times) and on par with Flying Daggers (which I really loved).

10. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Member

I've seen it on DVD and think its a really good movie. I like it as much as Hero but the two movies are very different. The story is about the instructor who dies at the begining of The Chinese Connection so its a prequel rather than a remake although it deals with the similar theme of Chinese pride in the face of foreign domination. Unlike The Chinese Connection its more about the internal journey of the protagonist.

The acting is pretty good and Jet Li's really come a long way as an actor. Haven't had a chance yet to see it in the theater but would looking forward to catching it on the

11. CDogg

CDogg Rookie

that movie sucked big time, one of the worst Kungfu movie ever :eek:

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

I liked the movie. It was a bit nationalistic and too much emphasis on drama for an action flick, but the fight scenes are quality.

Ultimately, if you want an awsome wire-fu fix, you should pick up Iron Monkey and watch it again.

13. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

Unleashed was his best american movie, kiss of the dragon was okay, and romeo must die was alrite. His Chinese films were just simply masterpieces.

glad he finally dumped that ****** joel silver for putting him in those crappy ass films with rappers. :mad: goddam DMX had more screen time than Jet in that shyt movie. :mad: :eek:

14. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Member

Are you talking about 'Fearless' :confused:

One of the worst ever?

15. Landy

Landy Member

unleashed wasn't an american film. it was a european production produced by luc besson. but it was one of his best non-asian movies. kiss of the dragon was terrible. romeo must die was so so. the one was somewhere between terrible and so so, but pretty entertaining.

i saw fearless months ago when it came out in hk. i thought it goes up there in jet li's top 5 martial arts films along with fist of legend, hero, once upon a time in china, and fong sai yuk.

make it clear though. this is jet li's LAST martial arts film. not his last ACTION film. he has one coming out soon with jason straham soon. to understand this, you have to understand jet li. he was a martial arts prodigy since he was a child. he was the youngest grand champion of wushu as a teenager. he lives and breathes martials arts... not just the physical aspect, but the philosophy. many of his asian movies encompassed these beliefs. fearless is the last martial arts film in that sense.. but he will still make action films, martial arts for the sake of action and not the philosophy. it would be like if tiger woods retired from golf, it doesn't mean he won't play put put at a mini course sometime.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

******POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT*********

just saw the movie i enjoyed it quite a bit the only thing i didnt really understand was the ending and the whole village scene. the village scene was very last samurai-esque but i didnt really understand in what ways he exactly grew there and apparently he was there for "many years" when it seemed like one.

17. cheshire

cheshire Member

The fighting sequences were a delight.

My favourite was when he took on the giant American wrestler and destroyed him.

The movie lacked depth to make it a classic but I enjoyed it anyway.

18. Mr. Brightside

I really enjoyed this film. Its one of my all time favorite martial arts films now. It had great fighting scene, along with poignant moments all around. Easily one of the best films of the year for me.

19. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

Best Jet Li film without a doubt.

The fact that this is his LAST martial art film - I think he did a great job. I was pulled in all the way.

This is a classic.