1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Movie] James Cameron - AVATAR

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Luckyazn, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

If you people are a big fan of extras/supplements, DO NOT buy this. I would wait for the next release. They are doing the George Lucas practice.

2. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Correct. They apparently wanted to put ALL resources on the disc towards the movie itself, so it has no special features, trailers or anything.. just the movie and some settings.

My dad has his DVD-Blu-ray combo version as of yesterday. He works for some supplier who goes to the Best Buys and stocks stuff, etc. They sent him the combo version for free and told him he needs to watch it before Thursday. He's supposed to be well-adversed on the movie for when people ask about it.

3. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

See no way I can wait till November to own this...so I'm pretty much forced to double dip :mad:

Well really the only extras I care about would be an extended cut of the film...so hopefully that's gonna be on the November release.

4. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I've already watched it twice at IMAX so I don't feel guilty about downloading this version when it's coming out for the time being. No way I'm giving them my money for this version. I'll rather wait because I don't want to be buying like 3 versions. I'm not sure how they are packaging the 3D version because the 3D version need its own disc and the regular will come with a disc of its own.

5. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I'm so tempted to pick up Avatar because I heard the PQ(picture quality) is totally amazing on this one.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Picked up my bluray earlier today, Frys has it for 19.97 Beast Buy price matched it for me.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I just rented it on DVD from Blockbuster Express. Was going to see it at the discount theater, but getting rid of the kids for that long is hard to do.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Did you need an Ad from Fry's to get matched?

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I just printed it off the Frys website this morning.

10. juicystream

What the hell was with Norm being there at the end as a human, then 2 seconds later you also see his Avatar waiving?

It was a good movie, but not great. I could see why it would probably would have been better in 3D.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

you know what??

i never saw this movie.

12. JunkyardDwg

Different person...there were more Avatars than just Norm, Sigourney and Jake.

13. JunkyardDwg

Sequel news and extended cut...

http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/avatar-2-details-where-sequel-will-take-place-and-more-593580.html

Six minutes?! Really?! That's it?! After reading all that stuff that was scrapped from the film and he only wants to put in an additional six minutes? I love the movie, but I'm not gonna spend another 14 bucks to watch it in the theaters again for another six minutes. And I don't even know if I want to buy the extended edition when it comes out in November if that's all there is...behind the scenes footage usually doesn't bother me and I've already seen some of it for this film.

I thought we'd be getting something significant...maybe not quite like Kingdom of Heaven, but close.

Eh, but then again six minutes can be an eternity on film...I think T2 had only two additional scenes in the extended cut but they both provided some significant weight to the characters. The Abyss, well actually I'm not sure I even like the added scenes in that...felt a little too preachy. The added scene in Aliens was ok though.

14. juicystream

He was wearing Norm's clothing. :confused:

I think the screwed up.

15. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

What? The added scenes for Aliens and The Abyss totally enhanced the movie even more. As for Avatar, James Cameron said it was too expensive to do 30mins of extra footages. But I have a feeling in a couple of years when the trilogy is completed they will add that in. But I'm pretty sure the other problem is the 50GB Blu-ray at the moment. If there were 75 or 100GB Blu-ray disc at the moment I'm pretty sure he would have added that extra 30 mins in.

16. JunkyardDwg

I dunno, I think my wife said the same thing...but when I saw it again I thought it was someone else. Maybe not though. How could you make a big mistake like that since
    Norm's avatar was killed at the end
    ?!

17. JunkyardDwg

See I thought I read that those scenes were pretty much done, but they were scrapped for time constraints and maybe money too...considering though that the damn film has made over a billion dollars, I would think they would have the funds to go back and finish rendering those scenes.

I agree with Aliens...but those tv news scenes in the extended cut of The Abyss just seemed a little forced and hokey to me.

18. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I really think they should release Avatar again for just 2 weeks to make some extra change..........

I want to see it in Imax3d ....for the 1st time :( :( :(

19. juicystream

Just saw they are re-releasing it in theaters. I guess being the biggest movie ever just wasn't big enough.

20. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Do you know when they are re-releasing in theaters?