1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Iron Man 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 10, 2010.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The whole movie was Tony Stark recounting his experience to his shrink, who turns out to be Dr. Bruce Banner, who dozed off early in the story.

Really good, funny as hell too. Great follow up to the Avengers, although there was a little too much Tony Stark, sans the suit, buts i guess they had to do that to give the feeling of desperation.

The script was finished before the breakaway success of The Avengers, so they gave a conclusive ending, in case IM4 didn't happen. But the Avengers 2 is greenlit and given this ones early financial success, IM4 seems guaranteed also. RDJr's contract is up, and he's gonna make major bank.

2. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Saw it tonight and thought it was good. MUCH better than IM2 and, yes I'm going to say it, better than Avengers. Avengers was corny... fun, but corny and did not hold up at all in the second viewing.

I thought this was well-made, entertaining and humorous. Everything I want to see when I spend two hours at the theater.

Only critique is them giving away in the trailers the part with all the different Iron Men suits coming to fight. I thought they should have left that as a surpise

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah it as an obvious give away too, I really enjoyed everything else and I consider myself a hardcore comic fan. Not necessarily Iron Man, but Marvel in general.

4. faraza84

faraza84 Member

It was entertaining but I didn't like extremis was portrayed. A bit over powered.

5. SexyButIgnorant

Really disappointed. I cringed in some parts. It was prettty funny, Ill give it that. 6/10

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

Im sorry but who the heck was extremis in this movie?

7. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

It's what you expect. I was entertained, but it's no IM 1, still better than the second. Really don't understand how people can be really disappointed... just don't set your hopes really high... it's the third movie in this superhero trilogy, expect the expected.

I wasn't too impressed by the villains, I felt they could have done a better job developing their story.

I do enjoy RDJ and don't want him covered up in CGI the entire time, but I think they could have had more scenes of him in the suit.

8. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

iron man vs the hulk in the next movie?
    Saw the hulk buster suit and bruce banner at the end. HMmm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wow, everyone keeps saying this but fewer said the same after viewing IM2, in which he was "Iron Man" in about two scenes.

I think, for me, the "lack" of being in the suit was made up by the ending, with the multiple suits.

10. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

A little disappointed, the Mandarin was suppose to be this SUPER-VILLAIN, and they just scrapped him

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

so weapons are bad, except when we need them to defend ourselves, so lets just get rid of ours after we've made good use of them...

translation: "We won't be making Iron Man 4, so let's find a PC way to dismiss all this violence and mayhem we made millions portraying"

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You might want to use spoiler tags for a movie on opening weekend

13. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

This was at some point entertaining but a rehash turd. Iron Man just gone a new low fighting a totally uninteresting WTF Lava Zombies. Really? Tony Stark doesn't have any defensive system at his mansion? There are just so many stupid things in this movie that I don't know where to begin.

6/10

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm an irretrievable nerd and I enjoyed it. I especially liked that
    we saw more of Tony Stark and the battles got brought down a level. Not everything has to be bigger with more explosions.

15. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

oh really, stupid things in a comic book movie? you dont say!

16. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Oh really? Just because it's based on a comic book doesn't mean you have to dump it down 10 years old.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What is "dump it down"?

18. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

You can blame Marvel Studios for bowing down and sucking China dick for that. The same reason Red Dawn made the baddies N Korean. The same reason WWZ eliminated the China zombie origin of the book. No one wants to offend them.

And it was a solid 7/10. A bit long, glowing zombie villans, GOOP but RDJ is always funny and Ben Kingsly was interesting.

19. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Clearly a use of words which us idiot mortals can't understand.

20. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

was aight, nothing special..thor 2 looks meh too..man of steel on the other hand, cant wait.