1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Iron Man 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 10, 2010.

1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

did people expecting full all out action like transformers? :confused:

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Saw it last night. Good movie, great action, RDJ was awesome, but the twist towards the middle was absolutely horrible. Seriously dumb and definitely lost me, though I was back on by the end due to the action.

7.5/10

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Really enjoyed this movie. I loved the twist towards the middle of the movie and thought it was hilarious.

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I saw it last night, thought it was a lot better than the second one. Yeah there were a couple parts were jokes were probably unnecessary but from my very limited experience with comics, it seems like that's about right for the medium. It's iron man not the dark knight.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

No harm? Many would argue the new Star Wars movies did plenty of harm.

6. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

What a dumb movie. The action was great, suitable for tweeners. But the storyline was bad.

Spoiler

So the antagonist is pissed off that Tony didn't meet him and turned into a terrorizing maniac? Why would a man be so butt hurt about another man's lie to meet him?

So he built some weapons from scratch using household items, similar to part 1. And what's with those bad guys with bodies made of lava? Some fight scenes remind me of Terminator and Transformers.

The plot reminds me of James Bond Skyfall.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^^^ Dude :( . Please learn to use the REAL
    SPOILER
    tags.

^To see how it's done, REPLY to me.

FAIL corrected. :p

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Please. They made money, they had a successful spin-off cartoon and video games.

The fans that loved the originals still love the originals.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I loved the twist but the movie was disappointing for me. Just like Skyfall, I went in with high expectations, but left with a 'meh' feeling even though reviews have been solid for the most part.

Best part of the movie for me (besides The Mandarin and RDJ) was Don Cheadle; he finally got a chance to shine and I loved it. I wish he spent more time in the suit though.

10. DreamRoxCoogFan

The fact that he was ignored by Tony drove him to come up with something that would make him powerful and respected rather than this driveling geek.

11. 713

713 Member

hey were there any end credits? i forgot to stay after

12. Awesome

Awesome Member

Yep..................

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yes, he and Bruce was chilling and then they went out for a shawarma.

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. VanityHalfBlack

Too much John Favreau in this 3rd film, I mean too much/ I don't want to see his fat Guido head.Was hoping for a little more screen time with Iron patriot but looks like he took a backseat in this film.. Now the Mandarin, I mean the Mandarin to me in Iron Man 3 is like going to a strip club to see a hot ass stripper you like, you slip the dollar in her thong and nothing happens. She brings out her other friend instead but I don't want her other friend I want what I paid for, like the Mandarin (Ben Kingsley)

This came from the comics? Why is Ben Kingsly doing comedy/British comedy? Why did that story-line turned into Ironic man 3?? How badass would it be if the fukin Mandarin was actually Ben Kingsly??? Ben Kingsly was killin it yo, he was killin that role in the beginning, I was engulfed/entranced into his transformation of being a badd ass comic book villain.. No disrespect to Val Kilmer, that was Val Kilmer right? No wait/ **** that's Guy Pierce/ my bad, No disrespect to Guy Pierce he was awesome but dammit I want Ben Kingsley/ he was bringing some raw **** to the Iron Man movies up until it became a comedy role for him!!!!

16. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I'm pretty sure they don't want to piss off some ethnic group nowadays. It's no longer the 80s. Lots of movies you see nowadays that portray the bad guys as some ethnic group but under all that they are being controlled by the white dude to tone down it being racist and not piss off certain people. It's almost like the first Iron Man.

17. VanityHalfBlack

But Ben Kingsley was on another level, I don't see it as a specific ethnic person or representing a certain group, when I see Kingsley in that role I see awesome comic book villain and bad intentions but instead I get Benny Hill.. It's funny you mention the 80s cause the guy who wrote and directed this film is known for the 80s buddy/cop movies, lol...

18. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

It's kinda ok for a black person to use the "N" word against another black guy but when it's another ethnic group calling a black person the "N" word it's not ok. It's a sensitive subject and stereotyping and racial profiling doesn't hold well with most ethnic group. That's why the Mandarin wasn't portraying as a person from China like in the comic. He was obviously portray as the terrorist group from the middle eastern since there are a lot of resentment against that particular group but they stop short from going all out on that. So to ease the tension you have a puppet master that isn't racial profiling a particular group. There was no way they was going to make him Chinese because China alone make them $100Mil. When you have a international movie like Iron Man that you know is going to make you millions you want to play it safe.

19. VanityHalfBlack

Godammit I'm not lettin this **** slide, the focking Mandarin godammit!!!! It would have been so much better if I never saw the damn thing but this thread is like 10 pages long and it forced me to watch this movie because I was badly influenced by Clutchfans you bastards!!!!

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just saw it here in Hong Kong and a big meh from me. The action was good and the special effects were good but the rest not so good. There were parts where I was getting sleeping even watching it on an IMAX in 3d.

I was really disappointed though in that I waited to see it in Hong Kong to see the added scenes that they did in the Chinese version but the theater I was at showed the US version. Apparently under the one country two systems the theater contract were done to show the American release, although it had Chinese subtitles.