1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Iron Man 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 10, 2010.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Might as well post this, already getting news and speculation.

link

Favreau On IRON MAN 3: ‘I Think I’d Do The Mandarin’!!

“Iron Man”/”Iron Man 2” director John Favreau says he believes he knows which villain belongs in “Iron Man 3.”

“You got to do The Mandarin. I think I’d do The Mandarin,” he tells MTV. “The problem with The Mardarin is, the way it’s depicted in the comic books, like you don’t want to see that. And then, also, he has ten magical rings; it just didn’t feel right for our thing. So it’s either tech-based, or the rings are not really rings. But maybe with ‘Thor’ and all those others [‘Captain America’ and ‘The Avengers’] you’ll introduce magic to that world and it won’t seem as out of place.”

My take? The movies’ Jarvis, Justin Hammer, Whiplash and even Black Widow seem so different from the comics -- but they work great on the big screen, so I can’t imagine Favreau couldn’t make The Mandarin into something just as cool, credible and cinema-friendly.

(Video interview with director in link)​

---------------

Speculation that IM3 will be coming out BEFORE Avengers: link

Iron Man 3 Happening Before Avengers?
    By Josh Tyler: 2010-03-25 23:14:54

Share |
    Iron Man 3 Happening Before Avengers? It might seem premature to start worrying about Iron Man 3, with the release of Iron Man 2 still more than a month away, but Marvel’s grand, multi-year superhero plan means things are moving pretty fast. One of the big questions surrounding Iron Man’s next sequel is whether they’ll do it before Iron Man shows up in the Avengers team-up movie which is supposed to bring all the Marvel heroes together, or whether they’re waiting to do it after.

Today the AP offered what could be considered a clue. They talked to Robert Downey Jr. and after their discussion dropped this knowledge: “Galifianakis said he expects to begin work this fall on the sequel to "The Hangover," while Downey said he aims to suit up for a third Iron Man flick.”

It’s not a very specific sentence. Does that mean RDJ is suiting up for Iron Man 3 this fall, or does the timeframe refer only to Zach G? It’s hard to tell. The fact that Downey mentioned suiting up for Iron Man 3 rather than The Avengers is somewhat significant. It sounds like Iron Man 3 comes first. How far off is The Avengers then? Iron Man 3 in 2011 and Avengers in 2012? Right now Thor can First Avenger: Captain America are already slated to come out in 2011. Throw Iron Man 3 into the mix and it gets crowded.

To me it seems more likely that Marvel is planning Iron Man 3 for 2012. Shoot it next year, start post-production and then start shooting Avengers right after. Have them both ready for release in 2012 and blow our minds in a few, jam-packed months. Imagine a summer 2012 with Iron Man 3 in May leaving us with a cliffhanger ending that leads into The Avengers, which shows up in July to pick up right where it left off. Now that’s fanboy heaven.​

#1 Xerobull, May 10, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2010
  2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

He's so money...and he knows it...

3. Xerobull

After IM1 I was expecting the Mandarin, especially since the warlord group in Afghanistan (or was it some other desert-type Asian country?) was named the Ten Rings. He's always been IM's arch-nemesis, a perfect counter to Tony's superior tech.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They are building slowly. Iron Man and Hulk were meant to lead off the Avengers but really Iron Man has stood on its own so well. The Avengers stuff gets in the way. Save Mandarin for an Iron Man only movie - no Avengers fluff. Either way they are trying to get it right.

5. Xerobull

Looks like IM3 will be after the Avengers.

Jon Favreau sees his third outing with Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark—due out on May 3, 2013—to be the one Marvel film to bind them all.

Even though Favreau's not entirely sure what directors Joss Whedon, Kenneth Branagh and Joe Johnston have in store for The Avengers, Thor or Captain America—"I've talked to Kenneth Branagh ... I had a conversation with Joss Whedon in passing, giving him my two cents about the film"—Favreau believes that he's poised to put a bow on this phase of Marvel's movies:

"In theory, Iron Man 3 is going to be a sequel or continuation of Thor, Hulk, Captain America, and Avengers."

It's sort of fitting for Marvel to let Favreau close what one can only assume is chapter one of this Marvel Movie Initiative. After all, when you go to the prom, you leave with the girl that brung you.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sad news. Iron Man 3 should have nothing to do with all of the other stuff. All of the other stuff kind of ruined Iron Man 2. Iron Man needs to stand on its own, the other pieces delude how perfect the Favreau/Downey Jr duo is for the movie.

7. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

He'll tell us if he comes back from retirement AFTER training camp? :confused:

1 person likes this.
  9. droxford

droxford Member

It's official: Iron Man 3 will suck.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

So Iron Man 3 is more of a Avengers 2.

11. sinobball

sinobball Member

Chinese media reporting Yao Ming will make a cameo appearance in the movie. The movie will be shot in China and feature a bunch of China/HK actors.

12. Xerobull

YOU SUCK!

/runs away crying

13. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

[​IMG]

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=59992

Verifying Chinese actor Andy Lau's role, along with minor cast additions, a Hong-Kong-based newspaper has revealed new details surrounding the production of Iron Man 3, including the villain!

Following reports that Chinese actor-singer Andy Lau had landed a Scientist role in Marvel Studios' next outing post-The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Hong-Kong-based newspaper Apple Daily has confirmed the role, in addition to more production details. Praising the amount of screen time Andy will supposedly have, the report adds that Chinese actresses Fan Bingbing and Yang Mi are joining the Shane Black-directed threequel as as Andy’s wife and assistant respectively. What's rather more interesting in the report (transcribed via AndyLauSounds) says:

The film will have location shooting in Beijing and Shanghai, it will narrates that the daughter of Robert Downey Jr.’s friend was kidnapped and brought to China, in order to save his friend’s daughter, he flew over from America to China to seek help from Andy to strengthen his abilities to fight The Mandarin. You will see Iron Man fly over The Great Wall of China, National Palace Museum & other landmarks in Shanghai May 2013

The movie is filmed in CHINA ................ so I'm assuming it will be....

[​IMG]

14. LFE171

LFE171 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not bad! She was also in Shaolin with Andy Lau. Not a great actress but still pleasant on the eyes.

15. Outlier

Outlier Member

I wished it was Tony Leung Chiu Wai as the Mandarin in this movie, that guy is an awesome actor.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

This is now a 杨幂 thread

[​IMG]

17. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

What? Yao Ming is playing Mandarin?

18. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Iron Patriot Is In ‘Iron Man 3′

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Are people really not tired of all this super hero crap yet? When is the Iron Man reboot coming, with a new Tony Stark? 2015?

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

These characters have been around for over 50 years. There success is not something new. People enjoy these movies because they're based on tried-and-true characters that have withstood the test of time.

There was a Snow White movie that just came out... again... people saw it because it's a flat out good character and storyline.

These heroes have hundreds of stories. It's not a fad, it's here to stay. They might not have the big budgets forever but they'll always be around in some way, especially now that Disney has a grip on it.