1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Movie: I Heart Huckabees ?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by outlaw, Oct 6, 2004.

1. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

sucked... even Eternal Sunshine was better

2. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Agreed, I thought it was a very smart film but definatly not for the main stream.

3. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

I wouldnt say Eternal Sunshine is very 'mainstream' either.. but to me, it didnt come off quite as pretentious. IMO, Huckabees is a nice idea, but marred by some atrocious overacting... It tries to come off as cheery and clever at the same time, which really doesnt quite fit the genre. ES stays a bit truer to its idea and less towards pop-cinema. Both movies arent great, but ES is a bit more tolerable..

To each his own I guess.

4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I really liked it.

Oh well.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG] <- these dudes liked it as well, bobmarley

6. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I'm sorry... I almost always like weird films like this. Just love 'em. Almost to a fault. But you know what? This one just wasn't very good. One of my buddies left in the middle of it, and by the time the rest of us were done with it we wished we had. Good idea, horrible execution.