1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Movie]Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Apr 18, 2011.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I've watched movies like that before, but many years ago. Didn't know such a thing still existed. In general, I loved them.

2. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

I hear lines have already started in most theatres.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

yeah I saw matrix revolutions there opening night that was the last movie I saw there and the most memorial thing that night was meeting ron jeremy in the parking lot next to the Mann

I generally stay away from that area because of the huge tourists crowds there are plenty of great and historic theaters right where I live though none have d-box

let me know what your experience is with this movie maybe I'll go see it there if its still playing in d-box once the initial push dies down looks like the price of the d-box seat is 24 dollars not sure if its really worth that much money for me to go see.

#83 The_Yoyo, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  4. SunsRocketsfan

you can find dbox theaters from the site I sent you on a google map. There is one more further north of you.

YIKES !! $24 dollars?? That is insane. I guess there is also a premium for historic and hollywood status for that theater.

Regular Tickets are around 11 bucks here and Dbox seats are 19 dollars.
    I was able to get dbox student tickets for 17 bucks! Totally worth it in this case since I dont have to show up 5 hours early and wait inline or have a fear of getting a crappy seat up front.

Cant wait... less than 12 hours to go

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

yeah thats for sure tickets around here at certain theaters are pricier than the average place. I am right by 4 historic theaters, the Village, Bruin, The Crest and Nuart and most of those are like 12-13 bucks standard but they are really nice single screen theaters (well the village and crest for sure)

the amc multiplex right by me in century city is also really nice they have assigned seating for all their screens not just the etx and fake imax screen and I like going there to save time like you said -- tickets at that amc start at 13.50 but I buy amc gold tickets at ucla for 8 a pop so just use those there. But seeing things in 3d/imax and all add to it. to see an imax 3d film at that amc costs 19.50 if they had a dbox i would imagine it would be around the same 24 dollar price

the one in Agoura Hills should be cheaper - yeah just saw its 21.50 there - so maybe I'll go check it out there instead sometime but I feel stupid for not knowing these even existed.

let me know what you think if its worth it for this movie or not

6. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

It sure would be nice to have assigned seating at theaters...since they have the self purchase kiosks, why not let you pick your seat while you're at it.

Then you wouldn't have throngs of people lined up 3-4hrs before the start time.

Definitely like how the Astros moved to that this year.

7. Mae

Mae Member

8. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Because then you would have to have your staff make sure people sit in the right seat and check tickets and all that jazz. It would require theaters to hire a few more people for the super busy movies and they would have to ensure that they are competent.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

They do this at Studio Movie Grill, and I use it pretty often, actually. You pay a premium for it, but it's worth it if you're expecting a crowd. Keeps you from having to show up at the theater so far in advance to get in line.

10. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

How so? If somebody is in your seat, tell them to get up (like at a sports game). If they don't get the usher or manager (which theaters already have). Usually people are pretty good about moving.

Plus they probably already have to have people working extra shifts for popular midnight and opening day screenings. You don't have to have assigned seats all the time. For release days of the big blockbusters though, it seems like it would make sense.

11. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Been in line since 3 potterfest going on here at the theatre

12. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Which theatre? Could you not buy tickets in advance?

13. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

ack, I'll just wait till the first 3D showing tomorrow morning

14. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Amc Tysons in dc area. Yeah I bought em a month ago in IMAX 3D line is bloody long

15. SunsRocketsfan

Even if you got tickets u still want to show up early for good seats

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

bought my luxury seat tickets for tonight's showing several weeks ago... no lines for me... I have a seat number and a server chick to bring me alcohol ;)

I'll let yall know how it is!

17. SunsRocketsfan

Sounds like fun. I dont have a server chick to bring me alcohol. I'm jealous. Guess I'll have to settle for with my rumbling vibrating seat

18. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Was gonna hit it up tonight but just gonna catch it in the morning. Just got off work. 15 Hr Shift....UGH!!!

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Sitting in the theater here at AMC.

20. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4 people like this.