1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Ghost in the Shell

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Forever truth

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No nipples for you I guess

One Wachowski brother rebooted himself to become a chick. The only reboot.

dmoneybangbang and Jontro like this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

@daywalker02 lulz at wachowski rebooting himself.

just saw this. i guess hollywood had to dumb it down for the general public. i was bored for the first two acts. the third sort of picked it up and was a bit more entertaining.

it's true what the breh said in the previous page that they've made several movies with similar concepts so now this seems like a rehash of others. can't imagine if they remade akira. it'll be like that one pov movie about teens getting superpowers that came out a few years back.

anyway i'll give it 6/10

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

HOT OFF “GET OUT,” JORDAN PEELE IS BEING COURTED TO DIRECT “AKIRA” FOR WARNER BROS. (EXCLUSIVE)
    MARCH 29, 2017
    [​IMG]Getty Images

On last week’s Meet the Movie Press, I passed along a rumor that Daniel Espinosa and David F. Sandberg were in the running to direct the live-action AKIRA movie for Warner Bros. but here on the ground at CinemaCon that discussion has shifted, with insiders saying the studio is moving aggressively to lock in Jordan Peele to direct coming off the mega-success of Get Out.

Rocket River

Jontro and daywalker02 like this.
  5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Well, in this film they did make Togusa Asian instead of being white like in the original..

6. VanityHalfBlack

41%, LMAO! Garbage.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is it out now? Asia?

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

it's out in theaters. 31 March. but don't rush to see it, it's nothing great. i think i'll watch power rangers next, at least that should be more entertaining, if not for the nostalgia factor.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

6/10. It was good, not great

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Involving Zatoichi himself, the great Japanese director Takeshi Kitano would be considered a great move. From the trailer.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Well some of these reviews are a bummer - the first 5 minutes clip gave me a lot of hope.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

man... not sure this is good news or not.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Me either

Rocket River

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Scarlett does look like an anime girl

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I saw it on Friday night. I enjoyed it, the visual are excellent throughout. Scarlet is pretty solid as the Major and all the supporting characters from the anime are recreated fairly faithfully, Batou and the Chief are pretty cool.

The main problem with the movie is the plot. They decided to go with a Robocop meets Jason Borne style plot, which would have been interesting if we hadn't seen it done so many times before. They do recreate a lot of the iconic scenes from the anime which is really cool because there is some serious attention to detail, just wish they would have been a bit more adventurous with the plot.....

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

in the anime, when did they play that iconic eery song? wasn't it close to the climax? we heard it in the end credits

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

They used it during the opening credits and I think they used it during various points during the anime.....

Jontro likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

they played it in the beginning, in the middle and the end.

I give the film 6/10 as well and like others have said, because of the plot. I still feel gratified that I had the chance to watch a film I'd been dreaming about since I was 16.

Torn n Frayed, GRENDEL and Jontro like this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

@GRENDEL @REEKO_HTOWN my bad brehs. how the hell did i miss that song? i only caught it in the credits in the movie. would've fit well during the final fight scene with the spiderantula.

GRENDEL likes this.
  20. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I saw it out of curiosity, feels lost in translation. Whatever philosophical arguments could be made about cybernetic enhancements, military privatization, and human transcendence didn't register with the audience. Instead, the director dedicated much time and effort to visual aesthetics and world building. The result is a hyper-stylized been-there-done-that mashup of Matrix, Robocop, and Bourne.

2/5.

daywalker02 likes this.